FJC Long Travel Build: 3Link Rear w/ Coilovers, Camburg, and more

FJLED

Adventurer
Didn't have it aligned during any of the testing or tha tvideo. Just got it aligned a week or so ago. Caster is a bit less than six degrees, don't have the exact number/paperwork in front of me.

Probably will need to get it aligned again once I've got weight on the rear as ride height up front will probably need to be adjusted.

FJLED

Adventurer
Been awhile since I logged on here and there have been a few updates. I'll run back to see where I left off in April, but here's the new shrockworks bumper on it.

Still more tube work to be done, but where it stands now...

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I would love to see this thing in action. You should post up some videos when you get a chance. Hopefully one day our paths will cross. Where in the US are you located?

FJLED

Adventurer
Houston, TX. It hasn't been out much or progressed a whole lot since I took it out in April. I'm in Brazil just about every other month which has made it more difficult to get much done on it. As it sits right now if I finished the wiring, camera system, and tossed the storage setup and fridge in it would still make a fun and comfortable daily driver and even could suffice for an expedition rig (even though I ditched the roof rack).

For the pre-running that I'm looking to use mine for though now the rear ends likely going to need some more love. Just too unbalanced when it comes to uptravel in the front and rear. Just a project that never ends.

FJLED

Adventurer
Crack on the LCA mount as you can see below. Figured I'd mention it so other can keep an eye out as I don't know if anyone else has had a crack in that area.

Suspension%2520crack.JPG

Dave addressed the crack and added gussets

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0134.JPG

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I love how that thing looks from behind! :D Especially without the spare tire. Plan to put anything there in its place? I made a MFC holder. Just haven't had the time build the internal spare tire mount and swap them out. Amazing work.

Ex Umbris Venimus

FJLED

Adventurer
No plans for the rear door yet. The rear end needs to be lowered down a bit. That means putting a fuel cell inside, 4 link the rear, bypasses, and some frame modifications for more uptravel. Inside will be getting a cage which will likely hold the spare. Guessing I'll keep the rear door (I like my closed cab AC, haha), but have thought about removing and doing tubework to hold the spare there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles