Pathaway for iPhone & iPad

mikegant

Hi, any chance of sharing our maps with me, I'm trying to get maps for pathaway but cant seem to get the hang of converting the maps.
thanks in advance

code3lg

Reviving an old thread for more current information.
Does anyone have any experience with the current version? Specifically I'm interested how well importing gpx files on a cached google satellite map works. Any reviews would be appreciated.

trae

Adventurer
Reviving an old thread for more current information.
Does anyone have any experience with the current version? Specifically I'm interested how well importing gpx files on a cached google satellite map works. Any reviews would be appreciated.

I have the current version (Express) and it's pretty good. It supports caching maps and imports gpx no problem. For me one of the killer features is the ability to upload geotagged maps yourself. I'm surprised that it's not that popular, other offerings don't seem as good.

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
Uploading geotagged maps sounds interesting, still Avenza is cheaper (or free) for that feature. I'll have to check this app out & see how it compares. Does it backup/sync your data?

trae

Adventurer
Uploading geotagged maps sounds interesting, still Avenza is cheaper (or free) for that feature. I'll have to check this app out & see how it compares. Does it backup/sync your data?

I got it a long time ago before avenza was available.... I'm not sure what you mean by backup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
The main app I use is Hema Explorer. Any time I record a track, take a photo, or create a waypoint - it's all backed up to the cloud when I get back online. I was wondering if Pathaway does an auto-backup, or if you have to export & save everything.

trae

Adventurer
The main app I use is Hema Explorer. Any time I record a track, take a photo, or create a waypoint - it's all backed up to the cloud when I get back online. I was wondering if Pathaway does an auto-backup, or if you have to export & save everything.

No, unfortunately Pathaway doesn't do any cloud backup. I'm finding an occasional bug now. I have added a couple of points/pictures to the track I was on yesterday, now for the life of me I can't figure out how to export it. How do you find Hema? And what makes you explore other apps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles