JP90's M416 budget off-road camper build....

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
what is the height under the tent when up? im wanting to do the same thing with my rtt

Well it is completely adjustable in height but for the ARB annex to work the bottom of the tent needs to be around 6'-6'2" off the ground.

TacoDell

Adventurer
nice

only thought...

U mentioned that U and the girlfriend raised the tent platform with ease...

but how difficult is it... when going at it solo ?

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
FYI -I just had a floor sewn in the bottom of the annex out of some Fleabay Sunbrella fabric (Cadet gray) and it worked great...the lady charged me $125, and sewed three sides together, leaving it detached from the rear panel that gets attached seperately.

I just used some Velcro tabs to close it up where the floor and back panel meet....made a real nice difference

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments guys!

nice

only thought...

U mentioned that U and the girlfriend raised the tent platform with ease...

but how difficult is it... when going at it solo ?

Well I have not tried it out solo though I am sure it could be done but wouldnt be pretty. I am trying to work out some inexpensive method maybe using my Hi-lift on one side and a scissor jack on the other but I dont really have any plans on going solo with the trailer. If I do go solo I have enough room in the LJ and a few nice choices in tents.

bigwalton

Observer

Well I have not tried it out solo though I am sure it could be done but wouldnt be pretty. I am trying to work out some inexpensive method maybe using my Hi-lift on one side and a scissor jack on the other but I dont really have any plans on going solo with the trailer. If I do go solo I have enough room in the LJ and a few nice choices in tents.

Just use it without the extra room, still better/easier/cooler than a tent, right?

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Just use it without the extra room, still better/easier/cooler than a tent, right?

Yeah but unless I have the need for a large amount of gear I would much rather save the $ on gas and be able to travel the speed I want on the highway. I can be a bit of a minimalist when camping solo.

bigwalton

Observer
Ok, but my point is that there would seem to be zero need to bother trying to come up with a way to do it with one person.

And tenting it looses the whole cool factor, screw the gas cost! ;)

Jp90Talon

Adventurer
Few pics from my wheelin trip this weekend

100_2087.jpg

100_2097.jpg

On a side note it looks like I will be installing a pair of gas struts to assist in the raising on the rack.

Lunette lock

I stopped in and took a look at the progress he is making and I was very impressed. I am sorry about the quality of the pics since they were taken on my cell phone but this is the fenders for the most part completed )minus a few little things like tail lights) and the rack at its transport height. It raises up 2ft for when I want to set up camp and attach the ARB annex.

untitlednn.jpg

untitledll.jpg

Where did you purchase your Lynette lock and how much was it?

You could raise it using a side wind jack with a flat foot, just cut off most of the crank handle and weld a 3/4 in cut bolt in its place then either use a cordless drill with a drive or a socket wrench to raise or lower the whole thing by placing it in the center of the rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles