custom roof rack needs weather stripping

Magoo

Working on base for roof rack. I have the sides of the rack custom fit to the shape of the roof to be on top/inside of the plastic skid strips. Each side will be bolted down to each existing skid strip mounting location (not shown in pics). There will be no rails.

Does anyone know where I can get weather stripping for 3/16" material? The pressure will be only on each side, but I may want to run front and back strips also minus room for water drainage - tight but no presure to the roof.

Each skid strip already has a gasket under it, but I'm not sure if I'll be siiting on that or not. Depending on how I mount the rack, the plastic skid strip may or may not stay.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
Are you looking for somthing to seal against weather or mainly isolate? Try space age in mesa I know they have al kinds of hardware and wheather stripping materials.

Magoo

Thanks dirty bakers. I don't want to seal it up, just looking to "bed" the rack base. The verticle side of the base will be metal plate on edge, so I need something to act as a barrier where it meets the roof.

I try Space Age. I guess they're a paint store - website wouldn't go throug, I'll call Monday to see what they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94