OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
Not sure. I'm leaning on the swingout, going to try and make it down to Badlands this week with the spindle to see how a swingout will work on his bumper.

OldSven

Explorer
Went down to Badland's today and the rear bumper is on order. Jeff is going to build it 1" out for the swing out to have more room, and also 1" up to accomidate the body lift. I better get going and start rounding up the steel for the swingout:chowtime:

OldSven

Explorer
Look what I got:wings: Plus I have most of the steel for the swingout.

DSC01615.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Looks great! I saw one of heir front bumpers in person a few yeara ago and it lookd like god stuff. The corner protection will come in handy for sure. It has on mine.

Willman

Bumper looks great!......Can't wait to see it in person today!!!!

When's the swing out tire carrier going on??????

:jumping:

Might have to do some testing this weekend while i'm here!!!!

:chowtime:

OldSven

Explorer
Here is the progress so far. I just have few things left to weld, get the latch, and send it off to the powdercoater. Plus figure out how to mount the hi-lift (at an angle behind the tire, or horizontal under the tire). After setting the tire on it my aal's aren't liking it to much...
DSC01648.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

badtoybumps

that is looking great, i'm proud of ya buddy, i might have to try and hire ya away from your current job to work here fabbin stuff for me!!!!! how much of a gap do you have between the riser and the tailgate, remember when flexing, the bed will move independent of the bumper due to the frame flex and the rubber body mounts. If ya think it may connect under extreme flex you can always move the bumper outward a little more by elongating the mount holes. Ya might try ramping the setup before ya get out in the field to assure you don't have contact with the tailgate, I did that on the 4 runner when i first started building the rack systems and dented up the tailgate. Anyway just an fyi. Looks great though nice job, Jeff

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Swing out tire carrier.

OldSven said:
Here is the progress so far.

That is looking sweet! Good job. Where did you be purchasing your hardware for the swing out (latch and spindle)?

Cheers :beer:,
P

OldSven

Explorer
All I did tonight was grinding, man I hate that part:mad: I'll be sure and ramp it when it's done. I have to get some side work knocked out so I can get some Dakar's ordered up, the wallet is a little on the light side:oops:

I got the spindle from Rock Logic.

The latch is http://www.mcmaster.com/
pg 2448 item # 51335A68

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior