Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigwapiti's 2011 Tundra build...'BIG NAMBE'

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilvr View Post
    BTW, your old rig sold at Rolling Hills. I have no idea how much, or to who. But it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilvr View Post
    ....I know I'll be getting Ameriguard coating on my sliders and rockers. That stuff is awesome.
    Give Dan a call at Ameraguard of Lee's Summit. He has the best price in the KC metro area, and his skills for taping / spraying is unmatched...Tell him 'Dr. Kim' sent you

Thanks for the update...

Regards,

BWJ
    2011 Tundra 5.7L V8 / TRD CAI / Hypertech / Bamuffler / Toytec / OME leafs / 295s / TRD alloys / SnugTOP / Baja Rack / Atomic sliders / IBS - Diehards / EXO front and rear bumper / Rigid D2s (2x) / 40" + 30" LED light bar / Warn VR 10,000 / Masterpull / ARB twin air compressor / ...IT'S FINISHED...
    2010 Outlander Sherpa II with OZtent RV-5 (Master suite...)

You can fit a 35 with a leveling kit so 33s will be no problem. I run Terra Grapplers on my Tundra. They have been good and ride much better than my old Xtreme All Terrains.

As for shocks, Id recommend Icon Coilovers but the Kings Bjwot just got look pretty slick. A more affordable option are the adjustable Bilstien 5100s that are designed to give you 1-3in of lift in the front. You will be able to run 33s with just those and not using a block in the rear. I had a buddy run them on a 1st gen Tundra and he liked them.
    2008 Tundra DC Build

The cab is simply cavernous isn't it

One advantage to the 285/70R17 size is you can find any tread you want.
    I like the 34"-ish height of the 285/75R17 but there only appears to be three tires in this size, all made by Toyo/Nitto. Maybe for my next set?
    My site www.RoadTraveler.net

@RoadTraveler / Instagram

i gotta say, go the biggest tire you can reliably fit. these trucks components are so large and heavy duty that you're not going to see any increased wear all the way through a 37" tire. if you short yourself the tire you thought about by thinking yourself down, you'll always want the bigger one.

plus, from an aesthetics point, 35's really help make the truck look its own with how large the cab is. i have a Super Crew F150 that im (very) slowly moving towards expo with and 35's helped tremendously with the ground clearance as well as getting it to look right. i know i know, form over function - but if you can have both you've got nothing to lose

i know mines completely out of its element in this forum, but i like to troll the toyota forum for late model tacoma and tundra builds for inspiration considering the domestic forum is nothing but 20 year old trucks outfitted with plywood accessories to go hunting with. not my taste
    Last edited by marshal; 07-12-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwapitijohnny View Post
    I got a brand new set of 17" TRD alloys in the garage. I'm gonna lace them up with some new tires soon...

Are you interested in them?

Regards,

BWJ
    I assume they are 17s...if they were 16s yes...

welcome to the tundra world

Quote Originally Posted by hovenator View Post
    I run the Nitto Terra Graps in 295/70/17.......Great tire and around 10.5 wide by 33.3 tall. Though I have a Titan, they would look right at home on your Tundra.
    Let's see a pic...

Regards,

BWJ
    2011 Tundra 5.7L V8 / TRD CAI / Hypertech / Bamuffler / Toytec / OME leafs / 295s / TRD alloys / SnugTOP / Baja Rack / Atomic sliders / IBS - Diehards / EXO front and rear bumper / Rigid D2s (2x) / 40" + 30" LED light bar / Warn VR 10,000 / Masterpull / ARB twin air compressor / ...IT'S FINISHED...

Default 285/70r17

Here are my 285/70R17 tires on the Tundra TRD wheels. The truck is stock in these pictures.

My site www.RoadTraveler.net

@RoadTraveler / Instagram

Default Very nice!...

Red,

Lovin' the DCepek F-C tread...

By the way, what are you going to do for sliders? Stubbs is still in the development stages right now... Found a set of new N-fab steps for cheap on Craig's list, however, after I saw the installation video , I'm going rocksliders all the way...

Working on a Custom Contractor grade shell for mine with Aluminum side boxes and maybe a Frontrunner rack system above the shell...I'll keep you guys posted...

Great looking truck by the way!

Regards,

BWJ

Default Nice Ford...

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    i have a Super Crew F150 that im (very) slowly moving towards expo with...like to troll the toyota forum for...inspiration considering the domestic forum is nothing but 20 year old trucks outfitted with plywood accessories to go hunting with. not my taste

You Sir, have a GREAT platform to build upon...If I did not have a family friend that was a Toyota mechanic, my second choice was the big blue oval...

Here is an inspirational Ford for you as well as the rest of us...

Great minds think alike no matter what the brand.

Regards,

BWJ

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast