new from Austria: ActionCamper for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

haven

Expedition Leader
v002.jpg

Here's the first camper for a Wrangler Unlimited that I've seen from a European designer. The ActionCamper is designed to fit on the J8 military version of the Wrangler as well. (Yes, the photo shows a scale model.) There's a shorter version for the standard Wrangler, too.

Lots more photos of the model here. http://www.actioncamper.com/details.php?ktid=1&artID=7

Thanks to forum member karo for this link.

http://www.actioncamper.com/

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Interesting that they show the Heki vent opening facing the front. It is (was) my understanding that they do not work with that side forwards.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Hello Expedition Portal users,
I'm the designer of the Jeep® ActionCamper© and will try to answer any questions, or discuss pros and cons of camper related ideas and solutions. My heart beats for Wranglers of any kind, specially the short modified JK Rubicon diesel automatic I own. At the start of the project I had hopes that more people care for the shorty and had plans to produce a short Jeep® ActionCamper©. In the meantime I realized that 100% of all possible buyers own a JK Unlimited or want to buy one.
Last month I drove a first rough prototype from Italy to Austria and found out that the aerodynamic is very efficient and the fuel consumption increased only 3%. A stock wrangler will increase consumption by 5%.
As a result I changed the height and the rear overhang by 4” each, integrated the lift-top into the shape of the main body to improve the aerodynamic and make all models, mold, and prototypes for the Unlimited. The standard Wrangler will be an option. All details and news can be found on the website.
HEKI: the Heki will have a closed / open control light on the dash. The reason to open the Heki in the front is to draw more air into the camper when the vehicle is pointed towards the wind, and to be able to step on the front of the roof when it’s not popped up, to use the roof as a photo or transportation platform.

haven

Expedition Leader
Welcome to ExPo, ActionCamper!

I hope you will be able to show your products at the next Overland Expo, which is in early April, 2012 near Tucson, Arizona USA. If you're finished sooner, consider attending the Off-road Expo in October 2011 near Los Angeles.

How much does a J8 cost in Austria?

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Thank you for welcoming me at the ExPo. At the moment the Italians work hard to finish the body until the middle of August. In the meantime an Austrian company prepares all interior parts. If all is assembled until the middle of September, then shipped to the U.S. within one more month, I hope to be ready for SEMA this November. High hope? Yes I do! Things look good that your friend Mario will be involved in everything. His competence will help to make the ActionCamper even better.
The J8 isn't sold in Austria yet. But I still hope...
JRue: thanks for the compliments!
TACODOC: thanks for the compliments!

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Very impressive work and attention to detail! Welcome and Keep up the GREAT Work you are doing! Cant wait to see the finished product!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Very impressive work and attention to detail! Welcome and Keep up the GREAT Work you are doing! Cant wait to see the finished product!

Thanks a lot. I spend a lot of time in this project. Next Tuesday the CNC parts will be assembled and ready to lift on my short Rubicon to see how the window and door surrounds fit. The rear will be 53 cm to long because the model is now made for the Unlimited. Just bought a used Unlimited to fit the different door surrounds / B-pillar and make rear door covers which I never got in 3D, so it must be done by hand.

Jorsn

Adventurer
Looks absolutely fantastic!

Will the unlimited camper have a mattress big enough to sleep someone that is 6'3"?

Any plans to offer side awnings?

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Looks absolutely fantastic!

Will the unlimited camper have a mattress big enough to sleep someone that is 6'3"?

Any plans to offer side awnings?

Good that you like it. Yes, of course it's big enough. It's 6'7" x 5'9" ( 200 x 175 cm ). Please see the last three pictures on the page >> detail pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke