2011 east coast trip

Dustycooper

USMC (RET)
This trip has been in the plan stage for about 6 months, 9 couples are in with 2 others thinking about it. All retired Marines except 2, plan is to start from Camp lejeune NC then spend a few days in Pigion Forge Tenn, from there we have no plan, no rout, and no rush. if I have room on the bike I will take a lap top and download pictures and commentary as we go. start date is Augsut 22nd.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
fantastic:bike_rider:

Someone should have room for at least one notebook, or one of them fancy dancy phone thing a ma jigs, so keep us up to date and don't forget the pics!

Keep the rubber side down!

Dustycooper

USMC (RET)
just about time to ride

we are beginning to pack and get our stuff in order, did get a helmet cam and a small notebook with wireless so we can post updates and pictures as long as my son can show me how to. we have decided to leave a day early and stop at Maggie Valley NC for a night. No one wants to make any plans but as a retired Jar head it is against my nature, guess it is time to comply with being retired. will next post from the road!

Dustycooper

USMC (RET)
Dusty Cooper

Will post for the entire trip here:
Day one we rode to Maggie Vally NC and had to gear upnear Ashville due to heavy rain. Maggie was good to get off the bikes and eat a big meal.
Day two we dodged rain all day and ended up in Banner Elk NC, stayed at the Best Western and would very much recommend them.
Day three we rode a rout called the snake, lots of twists and turns ups and downs with a stop in a country store for a T shirt and cold drink.
Day four we rode to Pegion Forge and got in our cabin with Timber Tops, what a great operation! our cabin slept 8 couples, hot tubs galor, indoor pool, game room, and more!
Day five werested our butts and rented a pontoon boat at the big lake, spent all day swimming and just laying in the sun.
Day six, most the families left for home due to hurricane Irean:Wow1: we leaft the next day so the trip was a week short, sometimes mother nature sucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior