2008 Chevrolet Colorado build

Muleman

The Journey
Nmatcek, your RIG is really solid!
Is that a stock skid plate or custom? I will be in the market for one at the front oil pan area of my rado.
My truck did not recieve full skids, for whatever reason. The Z71 4x4 Decal (Delete) noted, per RPO codes in glovebox.
sKIDS For: T-Case, Radiator (Plastic) & Fuel Tank (Stamped Metal Shroud Beneath) ... Count my blessing's has g80.
It is hard to find these 4x4 trucks, & some are 4wd but don't reflect by Z71 4X4 Decal. So u have to look inside!
I got mine used w/ 73k.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking truck Nmateck! Funny how much more impressive:Wow1: your truck looks when compared to the Ford in the pic you posted.:ylsmoke: What kind of tires are you running? What is your experience like with them?:)

nmatcek

Adventurer
Nmatcek, your RIG is really solid!
Is that a stock skid plate or custom? I will be in the market for one at the front oil pan area of my rado.
My truck did not recieve full skids, for whatever reason. The Z71 4x4 Decal (Delete) noted, per RPO codes in glovebox.
sKIDS For: T-Case, Radiator (Plastic) & Fuel Tank (Stamped Metal Shroud Beneath) ... Count my blessing's has g80.
It is hard to find these 4x4 trucks, & some are 4wd but don't reflect by Z71 4X4 Decal. So u have to look inside!
I got mine used w/ 73k.

Thanks! They are custom skid plates. The stock one was plastic. Check out www.355nation.net and search for "superskidz" . A member on that forum makes them. Nice truck as well. I too am glad to have the g80. About the decals...a lot of these trucks have Z71 decals and are 2wd. I remember when Z71 meant 4wd with "off road" suspension. Now it's just the suspension pkg.

Nice looking truck Nmateck! Funny how much more impressive:Wow1: your truck looks when compared to the Ford in the pic you posted.:ylsmoke: What kind of tires are you running? What is your experience like with them?:)

Thank you. If you are talking about that white truck, that is my brother's Tundra. It's a pretty tough truck and the motor definitely has some grunt. It can definitely smoke my truck getting on the highway. The tires are 285/75R16 Yokohama Geolandar MT/R. So far so good. They are a little noisy but not so bad that you can't hear the radio at a reasonable volume. I expected some noise looking at the tread. I've only had them for about 5000 miles so I can't really comment on them long term.

dondonraiden

Great looking truck mate! I was on the verge of purchasing a cc Canyon before making the decision to stick with a fs truck. Looks fantastic! I love the way these little trucks look lifted. Honestly, If I could go out and buy a new truck a Colorado/Canyon with 5.3 would be a top contender.

Balzer

Adventurer
Nice looking truck! It actually inspired me to take a look at this platform again.

Last I had herd there was something about a front drive shaft going through the oilpan with certain engine or something to that effect and it turned me off from them.
Anyway what engine does yours have? I would also like to know more about the lift.

I am very tempted to go try to find a extended cab with the 5.3l engine lol.

wyojoe

Adventurer
I've never heard of the driveshaft going through the oil pan on any Colorado, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. With the forums I've been on, though, I believe I'd know about the issue if it was a frequent problem.

I'm thinking I may try to find a V8 Crew Cab 4x4 in the near future, to add to the 3.5l Crew Cab 4x4 I already have. It's been a great truck for 170,000+ miles, and is still running strong, but I know it won't last forever. Plus, I know the Colorado's days are numbered, so I'd like to get the V8 while I still can.

gmcpimpin

Observer
Nice looking truck! It actually inspired me to take a look at this platform again.

Last I had herd there was something about a front drive shaft going through the oilpan with certain engine or something to that effect and it turned me off from them.
Anyway what engine does yours have? I would also like to know more about the lift.

Thats on the trailblazer/envoy 4.2 inline 6. The front differential half shaft actually goes through a hole in the oil pan. On the colorado the front differential is below the oil pan, like any other truck. Also nice about the front differentual is its a standard AAM 7inch differential, that looks like the rear, its not a clam-shell like other trucks. Makes it easy to service.

nmatcek

Adventurer

Thanks! Yeah like the others said, the driveshaft doesn't go through the pan. It has a 3.7L inline 5 and the lift is a Rancho 4". If there is anything specific you'd like to know about the lift I'd be happy to tell ya.

wyojoe

Adventurer

Thats on the trailblazer/envoy 4.2 inline 6. The front differential half shaft actually goes through a hole in the oil pan. On the colorado the front differential is below the oil pan, like any other truck. Also nice about the front differentual is its a standard AAM 7inch differential, that looks like the rear, its not a clam-shell like other trucks. Makes it easy to service.

Thanks! Yeah like the others said, the driveshaft doesn't go through the pan. It has a 3.7L inline 5 and the lift is a Rancho 4". If there is anything specific you'd like to know about the lift I'd be happy to tell ya.

Wow! I realized how I misunderstood the post about the driveshaft going through the oilpan...

I thought the post was about a problem that occurred when the driveshaft failed for some reason, not about a design "feature." Silly me!:eek:

HisMajesty

Your Colorado looks great! Who makes that light bar? I'm thinking about picking up a 'rado myself and I really like that light bar... Thanks!

jim65wagon

Good looking setup. Nice to seesomething a little different.
I like the bedrack, but I'm going to recommend LineX or Rhinolining over the powdercoat.
I had my bedrack powdercoated (after a trial year of just being painted) and it has chipped enough from 1 years usage that the rack is rusting far worse than it did when it was just painted. Now I need to have it blasted again and redone. Powdercoat looks good for street rides but I don't think it is durable enough for a rough lifestyle....

ShinySideUp

Gorgeous truck.. If I was looking for a midsize, and wasn't a Ford guy, I would absolutely have a Colorado in mind.. Along with all the modifications you have already done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94