Philippine 4x4 groups

jfj

Observer
Hi I am a member of the Philippines 4x4 Forum and have see photos of your Rig. I was wondering if you could send us some photos and its specs looks like you did a coil suspension conversion. Any way have been to PI Tarlac Crow Valley to be precise , it seems that this Area is a mecca for four wheeling. We didnt get out much im sad to say a Typhoon made us get back on the ships and we went to Singapore after that. Well take it easy Evan

I am sorry for the late reply to your post. Anyway, my Red Jeep which is actually a CJ8 hybrid is powered by a Mitsubishi 4DR5 diesel engine. I am using a Dana30 front differential and a Dana 44 rear differential with 4:88 gear ratio on both ends. Yes, it has a coil over suspension with a 4 point link using the arms and others parts taken from a Nissan Terrano.

I have not been to Crow Valley which is actually a lahar area after the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. It is dangerous to go offroading in the lahar area during typhoons because of the possibility of flash floods hitting the area. During summer, however, the place is just like a desert where the heat maybe unbearable.

The place depicted in the photos where our group was bogged down in deep mud is called San Ysiro, a village which is part of Antipolo City, Rizal.

I am just curious, but are you a member of the U.S. Military?

JOnesbilt24

Yes

Yes Sir im in the Marines we train with your Phil-Mars in excises such as Phiblex and Balikatan. We also help our the communities with Medical Dental and Construction Projects. Last year we built a school and immunized and gave dental care to a Community near Ternate. PI is great and Id like to go back some day. My head is still hurting from all that San Miguel Light. Ha Ha.

jfj

Observer
Yes Sir im in the Marines we train with your Phil-Mars in excises such as Phiblex and Balikatan. We also help our the communities with Medical Dental and Construction Projects. Last year we built a school and immunized and gave dental care to a Community near Ternate. PI is great and Id like to go back some day. My head is still hurting from all that San Miguel Light. Ha Ha.

Nice to know that you are a member of the U.S. Marines. Maybe you should contact me when you come again to the Philippines.

KMET

Adventurer
I'd love to join you guys, I go back around Feb-Mar each year

I stay @ Eastwood City, but travel north & south - hiking diving kayaking

Baler, PI
DSC07003.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles