Fleetwood Neon Modifications

winnkin

Another Neon

I just bought a Neon about three weeks ago. With a 1500 lb tow limit on my Honda Element, it was one of a handful of choices. On Craig's list is was thousands cheaper than any other option. I'm real grateful to have found it.

Look forward to seeing more mods. The access panels look great.

NEONMARYLAND

Wurlitzer said:
Hi guys, I'm happy to meet some NEON owners. I bought my NEON 2006 in july 2007 it was used but looked like new. I did some modifications to it too. I added some access panels to get to my gears out of the storage area without having to pull out the sofa-bed every time. The fire extinguisher is now placed int the middle of one of the panels. (see picture) I too really like it's size and my Toyota Matrix can tow it without any problem. However I'm planning some big modifications for the interior. I think it can be re-arranged so it would have even more storage, better seats, a table and a counter top! All that without adding too much weight. I believe it is not necessary to have a sofa-bed if you always use it to sleep only two peoples.

I'm working with 3D computer models at this moment to verify my theories and so far it is very promissing. Who knows I could even sell my ideas to Fleetwood! (It's good to dream...) By the way mine is equipped with the furnace and it is very low on gas consumption and keep humidity out. The cables you found under the seat are for the furnace thermostat.

Wurlitzer, I've been curious about modifying the interior of my 2006 Neon also! We love the small size, light weight and maneuverability of it, but access to the gear compartments could be a little better. Please keep me posted on your other computer-assisted developments.

Wurlitzer

Neon Modifications

Hi NEONMARYLAND, I had to delay the modifications I intended to the next season cause I bought a house and had to modify it instead. :coffee:
I already have all the accessories and materials for months but no time...

Anyway the wheather was so bad this summer I had to cancel all my attempt to go camping. If I'm lucky enough, I will go for the first time this summer, on the last weekend of August. But if you want, I can send you a kind of flyer I did of the intended modifications. I'm a small person, 5'7" so the size of it would be just about acceptable and the table would be only in case of absolute necessity when it's raining. I tried to use as much of the original materials and add storage and accessories while keeping it light.

NEONMARYLAND

Wurlitzer, Thanks for the reply. I totally understand. I've renovated three houses, and I'm in the process of renovating another one. This will be my last:exclaim:

The NEON is the only thing that I've bought to "live" in that didn't need an overhaul, but I still can't fight the urge to tinker with it.

I'm mostly curious about where you plan on putting the table.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior