If you could fish any river in CA this weekend, which would you choose?

Hafwit

Adventurer
How's the LA River at the 405? Should I bring my "dry" flies? :)

Some of the waters flowing through the concrete jungle of LA do have fish though they are all warmwater species. I have seen various sunfish, bass, and catfish in several areas and I'm sure there are a variety of others as well. They might not be trout, but it is probably better than what you would find in any "big" city in Arid-zona.

Hafwit

Adventurer
East Walker/Bridgeport

I am headed up to fish the EWR and the reservoir this weekend. This will likely be my last chance this season, so I'm hoping to catch (and release) some big browns.

Cheers,
Greg

Hafwit

Adventurer
Last weekend the fishing action (according to the local folks) slowed down both at the Bridgeport Reservoir and East Walker River. When we got there, the weather was spectacular--I couldn't believe that I could wear shorts and a tank top and be warm in Bridgeport in October! First we fished the reservoir and I caught an average rainbow on the first cast. Several more followed, but none bigger than 18 inches. We later fished the river and caught several more of similar size. We were surprised we were getting only rainbows and no browns. Later a small brown was caught on the river. My buddy's son, however, caught this fish on the reservoir:Wow1:

Attachments

• 155b.JPG
    155b.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles