Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entering Chile by plane from the US? VISA or just TAX

If you enter via overland, as we did on the trekoftheamericas' there still in NO charge....Peru to Chile

Quote Originally Posted by adventuretrek View Post
    If you enter via overland, as we did on the trekoftheamericas' there still in NO charge....Peru to Chile
    I understand that the resaprocity fee for entering chile is no longer in effect. So, you shouldn't have to pay anything for to enter. However, if you are doing some kind of standby flying, check the seat availability continually. With the new treaty/agreement between Chile and the States, more people are flying and I've heard that, Delta at least, uses most of their flights as embargo flights. This means seats can be empty, but cargo weight of the plane can knock you out of going. This happened to us when we went back to the states in Aug of this year (2014). So, be prepared to possibly not get on the plane for standby flights. Plus, more Chileans are coming to the states, so the planes are a bit fuller than they were a few years ago.
    Currently Driving a 92 slightly modified Chevrolet/Isuzu Trooper while living in Souther Chile/Northern Patagonia.
    1992 Chevrolet Trooper Maintenance, build/mod, and exploration record
    Off-road independence Podcast: www.offroadindependence.com
    Beginners Fab Show: www.beginnersfab.com

Quote Originally Posted by EricMcGrew View Post
    I understand that the resaprocity fee for entering chile is no longer in effect. So, you shouldn't have to pay anything for to enter. However, if you are doing some kind of standby flying, check the seat availability continually. With the new treaty/agreement between Chile and the States, more people are flying and I've heard that, Delta at least, uses most of their flights as embargo flights. This means seats can be empty, but cargo weight of the plane can knock you out of going. This happened to us when we went back to the states in Aug of this year (2014). So, be prepared to possibly not get on the plane for standby flights. Plus, more Chileans are coming to the states, so the planes are a bit fuller than they were a few years ago.
    Good info thanks for sharing!
    1993 VW Eurovan MV Weekender Westfalia 5cyl 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBaobab View Post
    Then again, there is something magical about getting trough impossible obstacles. The improvisation, the stress, the hard labour.. Great stuff! A winch would kinda spoil the fun ;-)

I paid 100 dollars , no visa needed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12