So , I'm starting over....

xface

Observer
Adrian!

Well I have been reading and it seems you have solved all the issue that Bernie could not! I am really happy you are enjoying it. keep posting your progress I can't wait to see what you get done with this rig! keep in touch!

Dan

partsflyin

Adventurer
Adrian!

Well I have been reading and it seems you have solved all the issue that Bernie could not! I am really happy you are enjoying it. keep posting your progress I can't wait to see what you get done with this rig! keep in touch!

Dan

Dan, Thanks again for all your help making this happen! I appreciate it !!
Stay tuned for progress and pics !!

89s rule

Adventurer
I remember that van being listed several times. I started to check into it but it wouldn't have worked at the time. Glad someone on here saved it. Please keep us posted on how the build is going.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Haven't gotten to work on this thing as much as I would like , but I think that is always the case.
Went out at lunch and snapped a few pics though.
I was not a fan of the big chrome brush guard, so I swapped out the bumper and push bar from the 81.
slimpics-334.jpg

The front captains chairs were in good shape , but they were aftermarket units and not near a nice as the one I had salvaged from a parts van to go into the 81. So more swapping.

slimpics-332.jpg

A little more detail of the area of the where the floor was "dropped".

slimpics-336.jpg

Excuse the mess...

slimpics-337.jpg

Also swapped over my custom rear door panels I had built for the 81.

slimpics-338.jpg

Crappy pic of the table on rear door deployed.

slimpics-203.jpg

Cool Quigley plate on the threshhold at the side doors.

slimpics-339.jpg

A little more detail on the overheight side doors.

slimpics-340.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Trying to build motivation to get this project back on track. I found I had a leaky fuel line and after MUCH procrastination have gotten the leak taken care of. Drove the van to work a couple times an man does that help!! I just love driving it !!
Replaced the window motor in pass. side door.
Ordered a Fantastic fan for her.
Stay tuned.

89s rule

Adventurer
Looking forward to updates. It looks like i may finally be getting a van to modify for our family. I look forward to your build as it is always good to see other ideas that could work for each others projects.

86scotty

Cynic
Wow, I'm still reeling that you got this wicked beast for as little as you did. Congrats.
Did you see Skots new build thread which also has a wheelchair lift lowered floor? I'm with you and would love the standup height but he leveled his and made an underfloor storage compartment, another neat idea for that space.
Lookin' good!

partsflyin

Adventurer
No update pics yet but I'm actually making some progress again !! I got the Fantastic fan installed (ghetto fabulous temporary wiring job to use it until I finish wiring the van)
The underseat storage box has been built and fitted with the storage drawer.
And a friend offered up a deal I couldn't refuse on some used 33" BFG muds. Stuck them on last night. Major improvement !!

Took a quick trip last weekend and camped two nights ! The trip really fueled my motivation !
Stay tuned...

partsflyin

Adventurer
Snapped a few pics of the newest project on the van. With the "dropped" floor area , my son would barely be able to see anything , so I wanted to raise the rear seat. At the same time I didn't want any wasted space, so I came up with the idea to build a platform that could house a drawer.

Here's what I've got so far.
slim-pics-017.jpg

slim-pics-018.jpg

slim-pics-019.jpg

Shot it with a coat of primer.

slim-pics-020.jpg

Sourced a tool drawer from the Mac man.

slim-pics-021.jpg

slim-pics-022.jpg

Attachments

• slim-pics-021.jpg
    slim-pics-021.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 9

partsflyin

Adventurer
The Box/Cover will mount on the floor at the side door opening, with the 3rd seat mounting on top.

I also used a little soap and water on her this weekend.

slim-pics-024.jpg

slim-pics-023.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Very nice looking rig! I am very interested in your tool drawer/seat riser. More pics of that as it progresses please.

Brad

partsflyin

Adventurer
Made some more progress on the riser box last night.

A little detail on how the drawer mounts in the box.

slim-pics-026.jpg

slim-pics-025.jpg

Box mounted where it will live. With seat pedastal mounted.

slim-pics-027.jpg

slim-pics-028.jpg

slim-pics-029.jpg

Quick pic of Fantastic fan installed w/ temporary wiring.

slim-pics-030.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Took a 3 hour (each way) trip on the van this weekend. Everything did great !! Mileage on the diesel is almost exactly double of the old van with the gasser !! The power is definately there too !! Went into the mountains of WV and she really does much better than the gasser on the long pulls.

rockbender

Adventurer
Looking Good!
I noticed you offered to take some pics of your turbo setup for Spencyg and was wondering if you might extend that offer on and just put them in your thread here. My '84 has a Banks turbo too but the previous owner took the AC out to accommodate an aftermarket air filter. I'm interested in figuring out where to route the intake so that I might be able to get some AC parts reinstalled and working again (fingers crossed that I can do this without spending an arm and a leg!). Assuming you've got AC, I'd be interested to see how you've got everything wedged in there.
thanks!
josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz