show us your truck bed trailers

TheYodler

Currently have a 2012 Chevy long box trailer that I am building into an Overland Trailer. I am looking for suggestions on putting a rack for a RTT that will be compatible with a soft-top tonneau cover.

MuruCycles

Is that trailer your DIY?

How is the balance?

Any pics of the inside?

Do you have a build thread?

we bought it partially converted. (front wall and drawbar were done... and it was registered)

we did the inside fitout.

The front wall in heavily insulated behind the plywood wall.

Bed deck and drawers at the back end.

So much more to do: add and plumb a 100L water tank underneath, build a slide out kitchen and front box for the drawbar, add solar on the roof and batteries etc.

we're doing the work as we can afford it.

IMG_4268.JPGBuckland River camp 3.jpg

Last edited:

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
A few pics of my latest outing. The trailer performed beautifully and as long as I had grip I had no problem and it followed me everywhere. . The problem was when it came to mud. If I have to paddle through stuff like sand and deep mud, the trailer becomes an anchor. To be expected really.

0LVPxy0.jpg

3j3G0zR.jpg

Pp8e711.jpg

OBM8hUO.jpg

f1JuNYB.jpg

irish44j

Here's mine, currently still a project. It's a Mighty Max box on a frame I built, with 3500# axle, shocks, and 6-lug hubs so it can use matching wheels to my Raider. Will be used for utility stuff, some adventure stuff, and as a support/gear trailer for our stage rally team. There's a build thread for it in this forum if anyone wants to follow along on progress lol.

M2PYGoFh.jpg

nszrncgh.jpg

idhzahXh.jpg

WeC2nOxh.jpg

RtaSUPwh.jpg

Here's mine, currently still a project. It's a Mighty Max box on a frame I built, with 3500# axle, shocks, and 6-lug hubs so it can use matching wheels to my Raider. Will be used for utility stuff, some adventure stuff, and as a support/gear trailer for our stage rally team. There's a build thread for it in this forum if anyone wants to follow along on progress lol.

M2PYGoFh.jpg

nszrncgh.jpg

idhzahXh.jpg

WeC2nOxh.jpg

RtaSUPwh.jpg
Is that a SandBlast Rally decal I see. I live in the area where the Sandblast is held and have run sweep there many times.

irish44j

Is that a SandBlast Rally decal I see. I live in the area where the Sandblast is held and have run sweep there many times.

Good eye, but it's ctually its a NEFR decal (same style), but the Sequoia does have a SB decal on it as well. I've been 3 times - ones just hanging out, once as crew chief for ZERO car, and also rode shotgun with fast sweep for a few stages. My rally car (e30) isn't terribly well-suited for Sandblast's conditions, but may run it one of these days. Doing STPR and SOFR this year.

Frank1988

The weight distribution in your 3rd picture is very reasonable. On-road sway is greatly reduced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94