Watches - ExPo Style

fnjeep314

Observer
Any thoughts on the Samsung s3 frontier? I know this is limited to about 2-3 days, but if you could charge it up, the GPS and compass at least. Its supposed to be fairly rugged too.

big44g

I’m a huge fan of citizen eco drive watches. No winding, no battery replacement and no charging. A perfect every day watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

offero

Desert rat
Looking for a watch - want something pretty basic that I can wear daily. I hate metal bands because it pulls my arm hair. I use to wear a timex 15 years ago and haven't worn a watch since. I've tried 2-3 to wear a smart watch but I just couldn't get use to the feel.

At any rate, thoughts on this watch. I'm open to any suggestions under the $150 price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EQS1JW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3UM5LGEE2295P&colid=39D15TTDHUY3X&psc=0

While I'm more of a mechanical and/or automatic watch guy, a neighbor bought that watch and I checked it out... it's a nice, functional watch. He did end up returning it and swapping for a chronograph, I like a lot more. It was this one: https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-AT0200-05E-Eco-Drive-Stainless-Canvas/dp/B000EQR6H0/ref=cts_wa_2_vtp

whec716

Observer

offero

Desert rat
What do you like more about the chrono? I have absolutely no need for the chrono functionality.

I'm not sure my neighbor actually uses it on his, but I do use the chronograph function on my own watches to time things like hikes, four-wheel trail times, kids running/biking/whatever, etc. While not very necessary on a watch--actually, the bezel on a dive watch is way more useful--the chrono function makes for a nice tool watch look and, well, umm, I like toys. :sombrero:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looking for a watch - want something pretty basic that I can wear daily. I hate metal bands because it pulls my arm hair. I use to wear a timex 15 years ago and haven't worn a watch since. I've tried 2-3 to wear a smart watch but I just couldn't get use to the feel.

At any rate, thoughts on this watch. I'm open to any suggestions under the $150 price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EQS1JW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3UM5LGEE2295P&colid=39D15TTDHUY3X&psc=0

That is an excellent watch. I am a big fan of Citizen watches as well... but do not currently own one of my own. heh Solar charging and day/date are on my must have list for a non smart (analog) watch. That looks like a winner.

I’m a huge fan of citizen eco drive watches. No winding, no battery replacement and no charging. A perfect every day watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. All good features.

RockyMtn303

F3408_E31-_BF85-44_F1-89_BA-56_A71_E714_F76.jpg

44143563-_ABD6-49_ED-_AC32-_A49_A0_DB4607_F.jpg

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
My 2¢.....a cheap, $29 Timex Expedition model.....has a chrono, timer, 3 alarms, dual time zone, battery lasts forever....and best yet the Indiglo night light function that I can also use to light up the bathroom enough to see the toilet bowl when I get up in the middle of the night (helps keep me from peeing on the floor).

It’s low profile too, so you don’t have any problem getting your sleeve over it.

I have too frequently busted up watches or scratched up their faces in the past while forcefully reaching into cabinets for tools, or sticking my arm into other dark crowded spaces (truck engine) etc.

When I was younger I’d always wanted to sport a big expensive watch...now I’m an old geezer and just happy with a cheap, functional easy to replace one.

A028EE12-A00E-48B9-81EA-37A61F2A646B.jpeg

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
As mentioned in the other "Adventure Watch" thread in this section, I've just bought a near-new Hamilton 1000-meter dive watch. We'll see what it's like when it arrives, but I'm told that these things are so heavy that you don't have to bother with dive weights.

Re: Rolex Submariners: I bought one of these back in 1967, at the age of 13, for…$220. Where did I get the cash at that age? Worked as an extra in a film that a friend of the family was directing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste