'66 Expedition Rig

KMV77

Awesome! I think it would look cool with some lift and bigger tires, but I agree with you on keeping it stock. Nice find!
Kevin

KEENO

Adventurer
Sweet! Did you mention what year the Alaskan is? It looks to be in the 1966-1968 timeframe.

KEENO:)

F3X

Sweet! Did you mention what year the Alaskan is? It looks to be in the 1966-1968 time-frame.

KEENO:)

Yep It's a '66. Moved it back in the bed 3ft today to work on the truck and found the serial number and date!

Awesome! I think it would look cool with some lift and bigger tires, but I agree with you on keeping it stock. Nice find!
Kevin

I might go bigger (wider) just because I have a extra set of JK take offs that I use on my WJ so I might get some 17" rims and use the spare set of 255/75/17 and keep the stock rims and tires wrapped up in the shed. This way I can go back stock easily. I am looking at least 700~750 for replacement 7.5 x 16 tires and tubes (or tubeless) while I can get steels for 350 out of pocket + mount/balance as I already have the JK tires/wheels. Plus add a little attitude on the Pink Truck :sombrero:

Last edited:

96discoXD

Adventurer
A 235/85R16 or even a 255/85R16 (if it would fit) would look great on the original wheels. I think later 17's would just look out of place on a truck that original. Just my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179