Single burner propane stove

lwg

I have a nice two burner (Brunson) propane powered stove but would like a smaller more compact single burner stove. Most of the ones that I see run off of butane fuel and not propane. While I realize that butane likely burns a little hotter I would rather standardize on the propane bottles for everything for ease of fuel storage.

That being said, does anybody know of a nice single burner stove that runs on propane? Ideally it would be like cutting my two burner in half? I can't believe I can't find anything like that.

Salue

Adventurer
Larry,
This Snow Peak Baja Burner does use the Isobutane/propane canister but the size sounds like what you are looking for.
GS-400-Baja-Burner.jpg

Spressomon is selling a propane adapter for the bigger Snow Peak stove and I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the same adapter he's selling since they use the same fuel canisters. You might just need a different pressure regulator but not sure though.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/58091-Snow-Peak-Addiction/page9

Good luck with your search and please post back if you do find something suitable.

Cheers,
Salue

Xrunner

Explorer
I have one of the below that I picked up a few year back for under $15 new in box and it's still going strong. Definitely not a backpacking stove but works great for heating up the coffee pot or other small things and uses the same propane my lantern does. Only thing you have to watch is that your pot doesn't tip over due to the small width of the pot supports (not much wider than the fuel canister). I've even used it as a primary stove for short 2-people trips.

peak1.jpg

Pick credit goes to here

lwg

Flat mount on a table or bottle mounted?

Don't really care although "flat mount on table" would probably be the most stable. Not concerned about weight or anything as long as it's smaller and lighter than the standard 2 burner stoves with windbreaks, etc.

The snowpeak is nice but I do have a hard time justifying that kind of money when I can get a single burner that would work for less than $30. I would spend under $100 for the perfect stove if it's out there.

lwg

One of the folks I wheel with has this older Coleman. It does double duty as both a stove and a gas grill. He loves it. I love the Italian sausages that come off of it on a trail ride.
Picture038Small.jpg

This is the newer version.
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000004995&categoryid=27600&brand=

Not the most compact but does have some interesting uses.

Score! I think I'll give this one a try. Looks like it might be just versatile enough for my needs.

lwg

I saw that one. The local outdoor retailer has that one. I like it only it's quite large in size.

hoser

Explorer
Partner steel makes a two burner stove with a break-away hinge. If you contact them directly, they probably can sell you just the single burner 12"x9"... but that might be bigger than you want too.

2B9L1.jpg

Last edited:

zoblo

Observer
coleman single burner

I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-200000...4716763&sr=8-3 and really like it and use in my popup camper. The foot print is larger for a single burner but its quite stable and the flame control is awesome. Can turn it way down. I also bought a piezo lighter (in BBQ department) from walmart and added that so now don't need matches to light it.

bstory

Observer
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-20000...=UTF8&qid=1314716763&sr=8-3&tag=5336653594-20

We have this single burner Coleman - it lives on the counter top in our Sprinter van - and we have the 2 burner Fold N Go Coleman which we got to take outside to cook. We like the single burner one enough that we take it outside now if we can get by with one burner. It has more BTUs than the two burner units and we like how stable it is. The one we have needs a match to light while the Fold N Go has the auto lighting but still like the single burner one more.

lwg

One of the folks I wheel with has this older Coleman. It does double duty as both a stove and a gas grill. He loves it. I love the Italian sausages that come off of it on a trail ride.
Picture038Small.jpg

This is the newer version.
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000004995&categoryid=27600&brand=

Not the most compact but does have some interesting uses.

I ended up ordering this one from Amazon.com. It's a little bigger than some of the other single burner options however it seems very stable and runs on propane. I was trying to standardize everything on Propane as it's a little easier to find than butane.

qwerty

Observer
lwg, after you use the RoadTrip Party Grill for a while can you post a review. I was looking at getting this grill also, but then I read some bad reviews on coleman.com saying that the thin grill warped easily, and was too close to the burner creating a hot spot in the middle and making it very easy to burn food on. The reviews also said that the domed grill made it difficult to keep certain foods like hot dogs from rolling off the center of the grill and falling to the ground.

9940-755_500.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior