ARB On-Board Air

Viper

Howdy, all - thanks in advance for any help. I have ARB front lockers with an on board compressor. I am looking for a tire inflation kit to use with the compressor. I saw an ARB kit, but it seems I will need to buy a hose also.

Any non-ARB products that anyone can recommend? Or should I stick with ARB for compatibility?

And how is their tire deflator kit?

Appreciate the assist.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Fwiw the ARB kit includes the hose as well. So it gets you the 3-way fitting you need as well as the hose and attachments. Its entirely possible to rig up your own setup but by the time your track down the needed parts you might be close to the ARB kit price.

jet noise

Observer
^^^What he said.^^^ I use the ARB tire deflator and it works great. There are several mfrs and types you can choose from to include ones you just set on the valve and then go do something else while your tires go to a preset level. But, for the money, the ARB deflator works well. Also, I think Quadratec sells one that looks the exact same for less $. Havent tried it but the design is so simple I cant imagine the ARB one is any better.

Expedition Leader
Deflator works great, I use it every time I go wheeling.

Personally, I don't want to wear out my ARB compressors airing up tires; want them to be reliable for my lockers. YMMV.

Viper

Deflator works great, I use it every time I go wheeling.

Personally, I don't want to wear out my ARB compressors airing up tires; want them to be reliable for my lockers. YMMV.

I've thought about that as well - what is your set up for that, then, if you don't mind me asking? I'm wary of all the weight I keep tacking on - by my estimate, closing in fast on the the vehicle's maximum gross weight, and the CG is all kinds of messed up with the lift kit, roof rack, etc.

Thanks.

Expedition Leader
I've thought about that as well - what is your set up for that, then, if you don't mind me asking? I'm wary of all the weight I keep tacking on - by my estimate, closing in fast on the the vehicle's maximum gross weight, and the CG is all kinds of messed up with the lift kit, roof rack, etc.

Thanks.

I have a 10 lb. Powertank CO2 setup, but if space/weight are at a premium then I just take a my cheapo $50 Pep Boys Chinese compressor, which is small and weighs very little. I like the Powertank though because you can run air tools and re-set beads with it also.

Viper

I have a 10 lb. Powertank CO2 setup, but if space/weight are at a premium then I just take a my cheapo $50 Pep Boys Chinese compressor, which is small and weighs very little. I like the Powertank though because you can run air tools and re-set beads with it also.

Saw one today by Slime - $59.00, looks like it will do the trick of getting air back into the tire after a sharp rock lets it out!

Thank you for the info.

Frankkl

I have the ARB compressor in my Jeep and I installed a air hose disconnect to the compressor. No need for the ARB stuff, any fitting will do.

ARBTECH

Observer
FYI,
we use a standard 1/4 fitting for the pressure switch and this is the area that needs to be "T"d into. If you source your own fittings and hose just make sure the parts will tolerate the air temp coming off the unit. Air flowing out can and will exceed 300 degrees F when inflating tires. Hot enough to melt most cheap air hoses. Ours are actually silicone based for this exact reason. The CKMA12 is designed to operate at these temps and thermally protected against motor damage should the duty cycle be abused.
As for wearing it out, the was a time with the older models that this was a concern. Not much of an issue nowadays as the life expectancy is well into the 100's of hours of run time.
Marc
ARB Tech Dept

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
I have the little ARB compressor in my 110 and when I need it I carry a 10lb powertank too.

I am running 35 and 38 inch tires, and I run them down to 6 psi for certain conditions. When I want to air those up and down a couple of times a day, the speed and quiet of the powertank is awesome.

But most of the time, (like airing up at the end of the day on 35s from 18 to 40 lbs), the little ARB compressor is all I need. It really is an awesome little unit.

I have an aftermarket hose, because the ARB hose was out of stock when I ordered it. So far no issues, but you can really feel the difference in the ARB hose, it is much better quality than the one I bought at Napa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94