Reverse light / camp light combo

OK, it seems we really need two different lights. One for reversing -which is done while engine is running and thus power use/wattage is not an issue so we would choose a Quartz Halogen type spread beam, or even a fog light. For a rear light when camping, if you want it on for any lenght of time then a low power draw high output LED type lamp is the way to go. There's lots of choices for both types and lots of ways to wire them up.

You'll be best off with 2 different types of lights - sad but true!

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

But for me the imperatives were simply to have good lighting for reversing on a trail, particularly with a trailer. Or positioning and stabilizing the trailer, doing the rough parts of setting up camp. Once the rig is set up and the engine shut off, a Petzl Myo RXP provides more than enough illumination for any task, while also avoiding lighting up the entire area like a Walmart parking lot.

Not have an infinite amount of money to spend, the cost of LED lighting can't be justified.

bat

Explorer
The ones on the back of my truck are Plb-630 made by Maxxima they are $26.00 a piece at JBR17IIC.COM. They are small and get the job done for a great price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior