10 days on the road. AZ to our favorite places in colorado.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
We decided to get away to our favorite place in the US. The San Juans of Colorado. We packed up enough gear and food so we could travel without resupplying or buying anything besides fuel for 10 days of fun. Here is the story. Of a boy named brady... Okay, that last part was a lie...

Just day 1 up so far. Working on a video and day 2 for tomorrow.
Here is a link to the blog. SOAZTIM.COM

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Caught this one while doing about 45mph. Not bad.
IMG_0656.jpg

Day 2 link so it's easy to find. Posted 9/10/11
soaztim.com

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Day 3 is up. Posted 9/11/11

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Day 4 is up. soaztim.com

Video of Black Bear.
IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Day 5 is up! soaztim.com
IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Day 6 is up! soaztim.com

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Day 7 is up and it's a big day. soaztim.com
We did, Lake City, Engineer, Animas forks, California Pass, Poughkeepsie, Ouray, Mineral, Cinnamon pass, Carson City Ghost town, Continental Divide and Colorado Trail on to Heart Lake.

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Day 8 is up! soaztim.com

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

Day 9 and 10 are up too. soaztim.com

I can tell that I was tired due to the lesser number of photos!

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

Last edited:

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
Off to a great start, look forward to each installment. Still don't understand the cow on top of the cabaret sign in Star Valley though.....

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Looks like an awesome trip Tim, I miss the San Juans and your trip report makes me long for the pines ...

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
I spent a month Jeeping the in Ouray / Silverton area and I am still envious….. Looks like a great trip. On another note: What camera do you use?

jrueppel

Adventurer
Enjoyed reading the blog postings. San Juans are my favorite part of CO. Thanks for the photos and great story telling.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I spent a month Jeeping the in Ouray / Silverton area and I am still envious….. Looks like a great trip. On another note: What camera do you use?

I use a Canon S95 point and shoot. I don't have the patience for DSLR's. It may also be the fear of breaking a more expensive camera. :coffeedrink:

Working on the next day of pictures and video. Video always take a while, but it was fun to watch us go down black bear pass!

BIGGUY

Adventurer
Great story and photos! I love that area down there and need to go back more often and do some exploring.

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
I use a Canon S95 point and shoot. I don't have the patience for DSLR's. It may also be the fear of breaking a more expensive camera. :coffeedrink:

Working on the next day of pictures and video. Video always take a while, but it was fun to watch us go down black bear pass!

Well its working good for you... great color and depth. I got a new Sony DSC-HX1 last year and have not been as happy as expected....

Great shots. Look forward to the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier