m35a2 build....and m105 camper build

srodocker

Observer
Sooo...the truck...

I have a 1967 m35a2 with the multifuel motor. It will burn anything combustible. i've ran about 15-20 tanks of 100% used motor oil. Doesn't effect performance at all unless its below 40degrees then i thin it out a bit. Where the spare tire carrier is now will be another 50gal tank that will be used to fill my primary tank.

best upgrade so far is the tires. went from 40" ndts to 46" super singles. i can go about 65 to 67 topped out. I can turn my fuel up more but this is plenty.

also have added a flow through muffler which has quieted the truck down at low rpms which is nice as i live in a apartment complex. high rpms dont notice much difference

Ive added reverse lights some fog lights and a spot light. going to add 9 more 6" kc lights onto the cab rack once it gets fabbed up with ally lights as well. Right now i have 100w h4 headlights but with the current headlight buckets the rattling is to much for them so im switching to a nice glass bucket setup with 75w bulbs. all the offroad lights have 100w 24v bulbs. im trying to find a nice set of yellow lenses to go over my bumper fogs any leads?

the inside has a digital 24v pyro with gps mount as well which is nice to have. Still have maps in the glove compartment though! Im also in the process of adding 4runner bucket seats recovered with military canvas with U.S. stitched into the headrest. Going to redo the rhino line inside the cab and bed as the stuff i used previously sucks. then adding horse stall mat inside the cab to cut down the sound.

also i have a kit to run dual alts. 24v and 12v. adding cb among other radios inside. also adding a mp3 deck with some speakers.

the hardtop will be like convertible with just the top piece coming off and the rear section will stay on.

the cargo bed still has to get my spare mounted up right against the headache rack. along with a toolbox. i will have a detachable spare tire crane in the rear as well just need to find the mounted plate for it.

Going to add some before pics and a few after pics. Have a bunch of pics just going to post a few for now.

This is after i drove it home after buying it
deucebegin1.jpg

Interior shot of when I got it
deucebegin7.jpg

The Bed when I got it
deucebegin11.jpg

Lights all turned on. Minus the headlight upgrade
0508002047.jpg

0508002048.jpg

Truck after being painted minus the upgraded tires
P1010020.jpg

How my bed looks now after being redone
deucenewtroopseats.jpg

As it sits now
100_0455.jpg

Tire difference
0326111413a.jpg

tire.jpg

Flex
Flexoverstump.jpg

Pulling Jeep out. hes sitting on 33's and cant even see them.
Hookingup.jpg

srodocker

Observer
Sooo....the trailer...

Its a 1968 m103 chassis with a m105 bed and a field modification of a shelter in the back. Had 1 shelf mounted on the wall when I got it. I got it a year before my truck as i threw a minimum bid and won it ha! The trailer itself is HEAVY Duty...and now its becoming my camper. the shelter is 9ft long by little over 6' wide.

Not to recently has it just been sitting being a parts storage for the truck. I hated setting up a bed in the back of the truck then packing everything up when people wanted rides. Its a work in progress.

My dad is a carpenter by trade so I knew i could go to him for the wood work.

The inside...
-the right side is a bed that folds up when not in use giving tons of room inside. the walls are fully insulated with foam insulation. and next to the door it will have some shelves
-the ceiling isnt done yet as thats where all the wiring will be. it will have led lights with a few wall outlets ontop. along with puck lights inscase theres no power what so ever
-the left side will a shelf to the left a smaller one with the top being where a 19" lcd tv with dvd player folds out. big shelves in the middle of the wall and a desk next to that.

right now i will use electric heating but have been researching on tiny wood stoves even a wood stove made out of a ammo can which would be nice. Im looking into coleman camping fridges and debating if i really want one of those. I will have a 2200 watt generator so I could go that route.
As for water I will keep 15 gal on the outside in jerry cans and I have a 20gal container i will mount maybe on the roof or underneath the trailer box that will provide fresh water. The trailer will get one of my old school coleman 2 burner stoves that I will use outside of the trailer. I still have to add a vent or 2 on the top to ventilate. still work to be done...

The outside....
-It will be getting the matching 46" tires but I have to take out the overload springs and flip the axle placement on them to give it a lower center of gravity. It will also have its own full size spare underneath.
-A mounted 2200 watt generator will be above the parking brakes on the tongue with a top of the line gel batt with inverter and land power plug in.
-on the driver side will be jerry cans flat against the wall of the shelter. not sure how many i can fit so I cant determine what each can will be filled with yet.
-on the passenger side will be small hooks to hang items and maybe a fold out table as this is where the awning will cover.
-the roof will have a roof rack with a small solar charger for the battery along with a container holding my tarps,awning, and camo netting.

This project is just getting started so thats what it isnt painted yet. will post pics when I get them

Trailer when i got it
trailer.jpg

Left wall insulation
100MEDIA36IMAG0001.jpg

Right wall before the bed is put in
100MEDIA36IMAG0005.jpg

Looking through the door
camper.jpg

Dad was excited bed was done
100MEDIA36IMAG0086.jpg

Removable legs
bothbedlegsin.jpg

Bed folded down
bedfoldeddown.jpg

Truck and trailer at 2011 Arlington airshow
100_0454.jpg

100_0532.jpg

Getting some fuel...
0606112023.jpg

any question on either truck or trailer feel free to ask!

srodocker

Observer
Some camping trips. hopefully doing a winter camping trip this year with truck and trailer! im excited. if you guys are members on zombiesquad you guys have seen these posts before heheh.

figuringoutthehairpinturn.jpg

Deucehairpinturn.jpg

Happycamper.jpg

goingtopit.jpg

flexoverstump2.jpg

Gettingreadyforfirstattempt.jpg

Hessomewhatout.jpg

lettingclutchcooldown2.jpg

mmmmmud.jpg

offroadingdeuceatbelfair6.jpg

offroadingdeuceatbelfair11.jpg

offroadingdeuceatbelfair17.jpg

positioningselfforrecovery.jpg

100_0854.jpg

Thejeepthatwasstuck.jpg

100_0863.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0881.jpg

100_0895.jpg

100_0905.jpg

100_0900.jpg

100_0896.jpg

100_0902.jpg

100_0910.jpg

100_0922.jpg

hope you guys like pics!

srodocker

Observer
So the fiance helped me paint and do some minor projects on this truck along with tons of friends and family. we took some pics for a save the dates for the wedding heres a good one hehehe
100_0794.jpg

also this truck can run on anything flammable gas, diesel, kerosene, motoroil, hydro oil, tranny oil, ect.... So i have a filter setup using a barrel pump and fill my truck up from the barrel in the back. i mix it with gas sometimes to thin it out but thats about it. during the winter i run about 50/50 mix of gas/WMO
0320111423b.jpg

0320111423a.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
What an awesome :Wow1:looking rig! Can I ask what you payed for that nice old military truck? Are you located in Washington state? Seems like you could make a living towing 4 wheelers out of the mud. I always wanted to buy one of those Dueces, but being that I live in Canada it seems to be quite the undertaking....:ylsmoke:

srodocker

Observer
i paid 2500$ when i first got it i have close to 6000$ now into it as it sits. its a fun toy and yea im in wa state :)

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Are there any plans for a BOB?
Have you run any fryer oil through it yet?
I smell fries!
Awesome truck!
keep us posted on the trailer work.

srodocker

Observer
by BOB do you mean bug out bag or bobbing it by taking out 1 axle. im not going to bob this one maybe the next one i get...dunno. still in the planning stages i want to do a 4 door slant back 4x4 deuce hehehe.

about the bug out bag. this will carry every fuel line and spare bulb for everything on board. has a nice medkit as well. getting a 18k winch for it someday. the spare is mounted in the back. and will have a nice size kit for food/water.

no fryer oil yet. everything else tho. mostly used motor oil.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I am liking that truck so much SroDocker that I would love one myself.... Were did you buy that machine? Keep the pics coming.:Wow1: I cant see enough pics of that truck....:drool:

srodocker

Observer
Yup im on steelsoldiers :)

you can get the trucks from govliquidation.com or check your local craigslist. there fun!

a pic from sand lake oregon dunes. my buddys truck with stock tires next to me
100_0869.jpg

eating
100_0878.jpg

hella 7" 75w heavy duty lights
0805111736-Copy.jpg

0808110329-Copy.jpg

magnets
0727111353.jpg

0727111353a.jpg

camped in the back of it for a night
2011-07-0395110339.jpg

Little Red

Adventurer
Very nice looking truck.
Just curios how many miles per gallon you get with this beast.
And do you need a CDL to drive it? I have seen a couple for sale before on govliquidation, did you have any issues getting it licensed if that is where you bought it?

srodocker

Observer
gets about 10-11mpg when running the duals and NDT tires. with my fuel pump turned up and super singles im getting 7-8mpg. i use the WMO so i drive it probley 5x a week at least. even if its just to hit up the coffee stand hahhaha

no cdl to drive it unless in cali.

not problems getting it licensed but insurance you have to check with your company first. i know state farm insures mine as a private commercial so 35$ a month and granted im 23 and have 1 accident and 1 speeding ticket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles