post your Suburban pics

1BadAction

My 1991. 2WD Loaded Silverado package. 4L80E, 454, 3.73 rear. It was a one owner 73 thousand mile truck when I bought it. I've since rebuilt the engine with forged dome pistons, cleaned up heads, roller cam/lifters and topped it off with a swap to Mercruiser Marine intake. Also did 05 tahoe E-fans with PWM control and true dual 3" SS exhaust with X pipe tucked up in the frame.

I'm rebuilding the transmission right now and thinking of going 4WD via ORD 4 Link/coilover setup. Go big or go home, right? :Wow1:

Trying to post pics but I'm not allowed, apparently. lol.

1BadAction

My 1991. 2WD Loaded Silverado package. 4L80E, 454, 3.73 rear. It was a one owner 73 thousand mile truck when I bought it. I've since rebuilt the engine with forged dome pistons, cleaned up heads, roller cam/lifters and topped it off with a swap to Mercruiser Marine intake. Also did 05 tahoe E-fans with PWM control and true dual 3" SS exhaust with X pipe tucked up in the frame.

I'm rebuilding the transmission right now and thinking of going 4WD via ORD 4 Link/coilover setup. Go big or go home, right? :Wow1:

Trying to post pics but I'm not allowed, apparently. lol.

Yr3U5sm.jpg

x4NMqCW.jpg

9MlknPl.jpg

9dgJ72t.jpg

eNTY0XS.jpg

gnzGzUk.jpg

wnZuOLa.jpg

QM9B5cY.jpg

HEFQal4.jpg

W59oL8O.jpg

LSfS0cZ.jpg

:)

1BadAction

Thanks guys, it's been to Florida and back 4 or 5 times now. It was 21 years old when I bought it, one owner, and stone reliable. There's been some times when owning it I would have been ruined without reliable transportation, and it hasn't missed a beat. I've thought about selling it in the past since it's no longer my DD but I just can't bring myself to part with it. I think it's about time I took it to the next level. New suspension, 4wd, paint, etc.

Here's a shot not long after I moved out here, still on the stock 16" wheels and highway rib tires.

mkrznBp.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
Nice motorpool, sadchevy

retainingwall00.jpg

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

/redrum

JackE

Ray, I have been trying to get my wife to buy into that montra for years now! As I get closer to retirement I think she is starting to see the wisdom in that!

rayra

Expedition Leader
You'll just have to show her the historical documentary, 'The Shining', to convince her you need a bit of off-time. I'm now juggling home renovation projects in 4 houses (5 including my own) in three cities spread across 280mi, all of them 'family' of a sort. And most want the stuff done by Thanksgiving / before Mud season. I am 'overcommitted'.

rayra

Expedition Leader
130mi in the opposite direction, this past weekend

lompoc052.jpg

Only good thing about all the work is it will finance some 'expeditions' this winter.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Those were 12', with the front right seat forward and tilted forward. You CAN fit them up the middle to or even ON the dash and close the rear hatch. But I didn't want or need to do that. I already had the seat moved up because I'd inadvertently bought 104" studs. Normally, you can fit 4'x8' sheet goods - or anything 8' long - behind the front seats without having to move the front seats.
And if you put a 12' piece of lumber up there and it shifts under hard braking you can pretty much count on needing a new windshield. I've often fit 12' pieces of trim moulding up there. Or down into the passenger wheel well and up into the upper rear driver corner of the cargo area, hatch closed.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Some pics from over the summer. Funny, we use this truck quite a bit but I rarely take any pics of stuff we do with it, compared to our Cruiser at least. Still love this ol beast of burden.

Attachments

• IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4400.jpg
    IMG_4400.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4373.jpg
    IMG_4373.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg