My new vehicle: 2005 Nissan Frontier

articulate

Expedition Leader
The spacers are manufactured by PRG (www.prerunners.com), and they yeilded 2". They also came with blocks for the rear (leafs are spring over axle), but I didn't put those on. Axle wrap could be a worse problem with blocks like that.

Cheers,
Mark :shakin:

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Good point Mark. Axle wrap might very well be an issue. But, since you have them, no harm in giving it a try

I am really looking forward to seeing the truck on the trail!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I think you could go with 285/75-16 they are used in the new Xterra with a little triming, however since you are doing a 2" lift they would work better?:arabia:

articulate

Expedition Leader
eurorom said:
I think you could go with 285/75-16 they are used in the new Xterra with a little triming, however since you are doing a 2" lift they would work better?:arabia:
Actually, the word has it that the 285/75-16 will work nicely with the added space in the wheel wells. It's an un-macho thing to decide against a larger tire, particularly if they'll fit well. But I'll likely stick with the 265/75. :smilies27 I could be persuaded, though. I haven't looked at the cost difference.

Anyway, I appreciate the input.

Cheers,
Mark

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
;) Well since you insist, you could get the Yoko Geolander A/T + II for only 117.00 at the tire rack on 285/75-16" a very good tire with agressive pattern and good reviews. Plus you would get that Macho- look in your new truck!:D

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Nicely done!

nicely done! Sorry I am a bit late one jumping in on this. If you ever need any wrenching help let me know since I live in Mesa.

articulate

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
nicely done! Sorry I am a bit late one jumping in on this. If you ever need any wrenching help let me know since I live in Mesa.
Well you don't have to say that just because you think you're late :xxrotflma
Although I REALLY appreicate the offer! And I'm happy to reciprocate...And I just had a thought. PM sent.

eurorom said:
Well since you insist, you could get the Yoko Geolander A/T + II for only 117.00 at the tire rack on 285/75-16" a very good tire with agressive pattern and good reviews. Plus you would get that Macho- look in your new truck!
:Wow1: :beer:

flyingwil

I know how you like winches! This Bumper might be a good solution for your truck in the near future.
WiFr05Blackside.jpg

Made by Kennesaw MTN

Wil

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I like what the main component of the bumper looks like but that tubing on top just ruins any aggressive look they were going for. Even the Shrockworks bumpers have that same look - heavy duty bumper with wimpy framework above. I know some people just don't like the look of the ARB, TJM, or the Calmini bumper but that just plain looks weak.

CLynn85

Explorer
Perhaps you can order the bumper without the top tubing? I have to agree with BN that the top part looks very "wannabe" and cheesy.

flyingwil

Mark-
I got the Saw if you end up neededing it again! :hehe:
Let me know if we need to cut the pipe shorter once you get your new tires!
Wil

articulate

Expedition Leader
Oh yeah, fellas, you can get that Kennesaw bumper without the tubing. Same with the Shrock bumper. For right now, it appears the Kennesaw bumper is the only one immediately available, too.

ARB says theirs is available late this year, and Shrock's will be in Spring. I don't know about TJM or Calmini.

I trust that the ARB and TJM will have the better finish-designed look, though. Which makes me wonder: What do you guys think of the winch bumpers in general? Do you prefer the protective tubes so long as they are "beefy" (probably 2" to 2.5" diameter)? Or without? And why, beyond cosmetics?

Wil: thanks for the help yesterday. I'll let you know how the pipe works when the new tires go on. :)

Later,
Mark

UncleChris

Adventurer
articulate said:
What do you guys think of the winch bumpers in general? Do you prefer the protective tubes so long as they are "beefy" (probably 2" to 2.5" diameter)? Or without? And why, beyond cosmetics?

MArk,

When I had my XJ I ordered a winch bumper from custom 4x4 and purchased the grile guard and the light guards as well.

Soon after putting the on, I took the light guards off but left the grille guard to lmount lights on.

The kind of wheelin I did with it really did not need to light guards.

Now, On the Taco, I am running an ARB. I am a little bit more concerned about protection on the 05, because I am sure that headlights are a dealer only item and probably $$$$$.

I am also looking to mount my HiLift Jack on the top of the ARB as well.

Also remember(devil's advocate here) is that all of that stuff adds to the weight and affects the front end clearance.

Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier