Serious tire dilemma. BFG MT vs Cooper STT vs Hankook MT

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Stuck in a pickle.

For my F350 I can not decide between the BFG in 255/80R17, or the Cooper or Hankook in 285/70R17.

BFG $230 each shipped

Cooper $243 each shipped

Hankook $262 each shipped

I was initially going to just buy the BFG's and be done with it, but I've heard such good things about both the Cooper and Hankook that I am doing my due diligence.

What would expo do?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Pulled the trigger on the Hankooks after finding not one negative review about them from any source. Found a slightly better deal from tires-easy.com, 4 285/70s shipped to my door for $1029.

rambrush

Adventurer
Great job my Hankook mt's are doing great. only 8000 miles so far but wearing and holding up great in the rocks and cactus.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
I can't speak to the Hankooks, so I hope you like them. My only complaint with the Cooper Discoverer STT ( I have them on my Dodge and on my Bronco) is that they can be really loud on the highway. They aren't too bad in the newer Dodge because it's a fairly quiet vehicle, but they can be a bit much in the Bronco sometimes.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Well after a tires-easy.com ended up being a little shady, I canceled the order and found Discount Tire direct on ebay. Not only was their price (free shipping!) cheaper than tires-easy, but the price on the size I really wanted was so close I bit the bullet and upgraded!

315/70R17s on the way!!!

$288 each, shipped

Last edited:

stevec

Adventurer
Well after a tires-easy.com ended up being a little shady, I canceled the order and found Discount Tire direct on ebay. Not only was their price (free shipping!) cheaper than tires-easy, but the price on the size I really wanted was so close I bit the bullet and upgraded!

315/70R17s on the way!!!

I've not heard of tires-easy, but I bought my tires from Discount Tire Direct last spring - with the $50 rebate and free shipping, I had a set of 4 BFG AT's delivered to my door for $505. Couldn't be happier! :wings:

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader

315/70R17s on the way!!!

$288 each, shipped

So which tires did you order< I hope you got the Hankooks Dynapro Maximum Traction, a very quiet tire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12