Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

T>D>C

Nice trailer design. I am thinking about building one as sleeping in the back of my Cherokee is getting old. Any recommendations on where to get the fittings and fixtures like, doors and those cool recessed light s you used?

Thanks and excellent work.

bob

Adventurer
PM me your email address and I will get you the phone number and address for the door, and the lights. I do not know if there are anymore like them, as I got them from Eclipse RV manufacturing, and the guy dug them out of box and gave them to me.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
New pictures!

Adding a few more pics from bob today...

Interior work...
beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring004.jpg

beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring003.jpg

beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring002.jpg

The stereo, electrical outlets, and tempurpedic mattress...
nearingcompletion002.jpg

nearingcompletion003.jpg

Drip rails...
beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring007.jpg

beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring008.jpg

beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring005.jpg

beginningoffinalwrapuptrimdriprailswiring006.jpg

Checking the light footprint...
nighttimefootprint002.jpg

nighttimefootprint003.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looking very shag-a-delic!

Seriously though, looks very good. Loving the white on the exterior...nice and bright and clean looking. LOVE the shag carpet!

bob

Adventurer
Ouray Base Camp trailer update

Interrior is finished with the shagadelic carpet installed. Stereo is in and working, mirror ball, will be installed, just teasing.

Two 750 inverters will be installed tomorrow.

Have been working on the trim for three days now. By far the hardest part of the trailer so far.

Graphics still not ready, and neither are the awning, fridge and slider.

3 12 volt accss sites have been installed, on board dual battery charger installed, cords made for solar and 110. Having a box built for the driver side fender to carry attachment/set up parts. Day/night shades are being made, supposed to be done by next weekend. Will not make the Johnson valley run this weekend. Supposed to rain and I want to get sales type photos before it hits the dirt.

Currently on the trailer.

Frame built with 2x2 120 wall box. I have used this type(not size) of frame for over 25 years on tag trailers, car haulers and 30 foot enclosed car carriers.

Upper frame built and outer wood attached. this will be done differently on the next trailer, will build the complete wall and attach as a single unit, rather than build stick by stick. Gave me the opportunity to make changes as I was going.

Walls and roof manufactured by Eclipse RV Manufacturing installed, with glue and screws and bolts. All trim has been attached with caulking tape and silicone for water tight unit.

All electrical, 12 volt and 110 are complete.

Solar inlet in and working with Morningstar 15 amp voltage/charge controller. Two Concord 120 amp hour batteries installed, charge provided by on board charger, solar and from the vehicle when running.

Waiting on rotopax for driver side.

Still need to finish the sink and drain system. The rest of the plumbing is done other than outside water access. Have not decided to do that yet. On demand water pump is in on a 12 volt switch, hot water heater in and propane lines ran to stove and heater.

Hope to have set up pictures by the weekend.

bob

Adventurer
Did not get the graphis on the trailer yet, hopefully in the morning. Awning is supposed to be in by Wednesday.

Finished all trim and siliconing the entire trailer. Discovered I have a small problem with the area for the fridge, may have to use a smaller one than planned, may put two smaller ones in and use one as a freezer. Heck its just money.

bob

Adventurer
Trailer

Again thanks for all the positive comments. I hope to have updates and photos soon. Have been working the last couple of days and have work tomorrow. Darn it.

should get back to the trailer on Wednesday.

TacoDell

Adventurer
nice work on the trailer, looks great !

music is cool...
but if it were mine...
I'd rather have nicely sized stowage cupboard
on that bulkhead where them speakers rule...

guess I'm somewhat an utilitarian (aka: pack rat)
freak4.gif

Last edited:

bob

Adventurer
Looking at putting a cabinet between the speakers.

Storage is a concern on this one. I have ideas for storage on the production trailers, this is a shot in the dark so to speak, was looking more for the look than anything else. Just not a traditional tear drop appearance fan. Wanted to make something totally different, aggressive. But I have plenty of room for additions in the sleeping compartment. I was also considering the mattress being thick as to what could be attached to the upper walls. I am a have your hands on it type of person. I know there was room, but was it room that could be used without hitting my head on things. There will be minor changes to the outward appearance on the ones I build for sale, less rake on the nose, with a little less arch in the nose, that will give me space for cabinets in the front above the window. Thanks for your input, it helps me see things I did not see before.

bob

Adventurer
weight

I am hoping for under 1800. I think that is okay for a full base camp type trailer, of course that is fully loaded of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles