Four Days around ST Hellens on the East Coast of Tasmania located below Australia

timaus13

Observer
Ok Just spent 4 Epic days in and around St Helens on the east Coast of Tasmania in Dora my 1982 4 door Range Rover.

Day 1

My GF April and I left Hobart and headed through Sorrell and down to the turn off to Kellevie, here we went through the Wielangata Forest untill we arrived at a lovely old stone BBQ area. Very Peacefull.

We then set off for Orford and stopped at the local Cafe for a Late :) Fabulous Coffee and Assorted yum yum,s.

After a brief stop in Orford we travelled through Swansea and Triabunna on our way to ST Helens. Stopping all the way to take more photographs WOW when do you not stop.

After arriving in ST Helens we set up our camp at the free camp grounds on the right hand side of the road leading to the bay of fires, there were only 2 other campers in the whole place Awsum:)

Day 2

Our second day out started with a cuppa T and an Egg n Bacon sandwich cooked on gas at camp, followed very closely by a Hot shower on the Wharf thanks to the local Council and the Facilities they have down on the wharf. CHeers folks.

We then set off for the bay of Fires and a little track that leads you to Policemans Point. Wow beautiful place and more camp sites but no facilities at all.

From here we headed to Eddystone Point Light house, very good unsealed roads I must say better than some sealed one,s in Hobart?? We decided to return to ST Helens on Bitumen via Gladstone and get some Dinner cooked on their Fabulous Public BBQ Nice Sausages and onions.

We then stopped at the Little Blue Lake on the way back to St Helens.

Day 3 Was started with a Hot shower again on the wharf and follwed with eggs and bacon and hot chocolate supplied by banjo,s

We grabbed some Bananas and some chocolate to enjoy on our day out.

The birdlife around St Helens is amazing to say the least. Pellicans, Hawks, Parrots , Geese, Kookaburras, and a myriad of others I do not know the names of. April and I spent most of the morning photographing Cranes and the pellicans on the local beaches and exploring the Peron Dunes.WOW

The afternoon was spent at Halls falls and Columbus Falls WOW again.

Day 4

Bummer time to head back to the real world of work Yuk I do not like that word now.

Anywho Lets enjoy our last day too the full.
Shower and banjos Breakfas again god it,s hard on hollidays. Pack up camp.
WOW Dolphins in the bay April photographed these so i will post her pics up soon.

Then it was off down the east coast to look into every turn off and camp site we could find and folks there are plenty. We stopped at Scamander for another BBQ and a home made cuppa Chocolate.

Then it was on the road again and of to stop at Mayafair Beach Beautifull is one word to describe it, this camping area is located just a short drive from Triabunna on the road back to Orford.
Once in Orford it was off up to Three Thumbs lookout. OMG what a view of the East Coast.

Bummer Home now Dreaming of the next trip..

Attachments

• Steigletz.JPG
    Steigletz.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 6
  • WielangataMap.JPG
    WielangataMap.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 7
  • GF.JPG
    GF.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Pellican1.JPG
    Pellican1.JPG