M101CDN Bumper ideas

gaberelli

Observer
Hello all,

My M101CDN is at the fab shop awaiting a solid bumper design. Does anyone here have any plans or examples of how they did it? The bumper needs to have a 2" receiver hitch (for bike rack) and a swing out tire carrier.

Would love to see how others have done this!

Gabe

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
I just created a bumper for my M416...basically the same way that the thread mentioned above was done, although I did not put a receiver tube in in yet (still thinking about this one). I just bought a 6 foot piece of 2 x 4 (.120 wall) steel and shaped it on the ends like the jeep bumper. i cut off the last 2 inches of the trailer frame, put some gussets on the corners, and welded it right on...thinking even stronger than the original frame.

I was even able to notch it to keep the drain plug in place. I am in no way a professional metal worker, but it turned out pretty nice after only a couple of hours. I will try and take some pics and post them for you tomorrow

gaberelli

Observer
I just created a bumper for my M416...basically the same way that the thread mentioned above was done, although I did not put a receiver tube in in yet (still thinking about this one). I just bought a 6 foot piece of 2 x 4 (.120 wall) steel and shaped it on the ends like the jeep bumper. i cut off the last 2 inches of the trailer frame, put some gussets on the corners, and welded it right on...thinking even stronger than the original frame.

I was even able to notch it to keep the drain plug in place. I am in no way a professional metal worker, but it turned out pretty nice after only a couple of hours. I will try and take some pics and post them for you tomorrow

Thanks for the reply. That is a simple way to do it! I have submitted some plans to the fab shop. If they come back as cost prohibitive, I may have to look at something more simple like this. Adding a swing out tire carrier with this style would be a bit more challenging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier