My Off-Road A-Liner

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
But if you do decide to change axles, get me the measurements of the one you have. I might be intersted in buying it from you.

rsbmg

Observer
Yeah I am on a couple forums and also have been checking craigslist within about a 3 state radius. Plenty of Aliners, just not the sport. I want the sport because its 12' vs 15' I think the extra length hanging past the rear tires might be to much of a hindrance offroad. The bigger trailers would certainly be nice in camp though but I'm thinking if I'm going to give up more of the ofrroad ability then I would just get a full size trailer and be done. Still in the research phase though so we will see.

If there was a Sport up in Beaumont I would be all over it. Also need to have the single queen bed also thats the other kicker.

For the OP - Scott you mentioned you have a few friends with the Aliners as well, any of them have a 15' like the ranger or classic? If so how are those doing offroad with the extra length? You said they did the Deavers also right?

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
rsmg, there is a thread on the FJ Cruisers forum about a Chalet, full size set up for serious off road. I would try to find it for you, but I am already late getting to Tierrra Del Sol. Also I realized you were talking about the very small unit. I checked and Chalet has one called the LTW, 990 pounds with a two thousand pound axle. I will check with my local dealer, good friend, on Monday to see if he has any leads on one of the smallest ones.

Have a great weekend. Headed out,.

murphy744

Adventurer
Here is a pic of my friends Chalet. I believe its 15'. He has no problems with the length.

Attachments

• chalet.jpg
    chalet.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 229

rsbmg

Observer
Well the little lady made the call for me. She said enough of my scouring the net, went out and BOUGHT a 2012 Scout for us! So stay tuned for the build thread!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I want a mommy like yours

Congrats, I am sure you are going to be very happy with it. Anxious to see the build and upgrades. Have a ball.

portillagee

Observer
I picked this up a couple of months ago, then sent it over to Deaver Suspensions in Santa Ana, CA for some work. It started out like this.....then.....

Hi murphy744. Great looking off road package. Do you mind telling us how much the conversion was? Thanks.

murphy744

Adventurer
I bit late answering your question, but if I recall it was just under $3k for the suspension work Deaver did.

If, anyone is interesting, mine might be up for sale. I'm going a different direction.:sombrero:

murphy744

Adventurer
I am going to shoot some pictures this weekend and detail out all the amenities. Basically, there is a dinette section that makes down into a full size bed, two burner stove, fridge, furnace, AC, dual batteries, sink, storage cabinets, and drawers. Oh, and a Honda generator for backup:victory:

My wife loves it, but I sold the Land Cruiser and now driving an F250. With that much length, I'm looking to move toward a four wheel camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier