Casper's Xterra Build

Casper

Adventurer
I was told of this forum a few weeks ago while at the Adventure Trailers Pyramid Lake adventure. After looking through the pages I like what I see and figure I would tell you alittle about my X.

Starters
2000 Xterra XE Silver Ice

Mods
3 inch Calmini Lift
Roger Brown Rock Sliderz
Calmini Front and rear Bumpers
Warn 9000 winch (many years old but it works great)
Garmin iQ GPS
Apline stereo
Infinity speakers and amp
Cobra 75 CB w/firestick antena and fold over mount
32' 11.5' Goodyear MTR's
PIAA Ion crystal fog lights
PIAA Xtreme White headlight bulbs
Custom back seat area for one 135lb Alaskan Malamute

And with it
Adventure Trailer Chaser with preatty much every option including matching wheels, tires and paint.

So far I love it. I have many plans to continue building it. SAS, gears, gobi rack and much more all all in the plans. I just need some more $$$$$. All in good time.

I haven't quite figured out how to link pictures yet, but I will soon. In the mean time here is the link to my webshots page with some good shots http://rides.webshots.com/album/551030427pLoGhn

http://rides.webshots.com/album/439022452SNdtPJ

Hope I can join some of you on a trip from time to time, and hope to get some good ideas from you as well.

Casper
:jumping:

P.S. Hey, I have figured out how to post pics.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Very cool setup!

BTW, where'd you get that antenna mount? I've seen them in pix but never in person.

Oh yeah, welcome to ExPo!

Casper

Adventurer
hattrik21 said:
I would love to know as well.

It is called an E-Z over antenna mount. Here is a link to one spot to purchase it, however not where I got mine. Same price though.
http://www.hamstick.com/203ez.htm
Thanks for the comments about the X. I will be working on the rear storage setup and a few more things in the next 2 weeks, so stay tuned.

Casper:smiley_drive:

hattrik21

Adventurer
Casper said:
It is called an E-Z over antenna mount. Here is a link to one spot to purchase it, however not where I got mine. Same price though.
http://www.hamstick.com/203ez.htm
Thanks for the comments about the X. I will be working on the rear storage setup and a few more things in the next 2 weeks, so stay tuned.

Casper:smiley_drive:

I was actually asking about the black part you have attached to the factory roof rack. Do you remember where you got that or what its called? I've googled and googled and have yet to find it.

Casper

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
And you have a cool dog too! Porthos :jumping:

Do you have any pics of the pup?

Thanks, and as a matter of fact I do have a shot or two of the pup. These photos are from this last weekend. We took a trip up by Brewer lake for a few days.

Here is a link to the whole album. July 4th Trip

Casper
:smiley_drive:

Casper

Adventurer
hattrik21 said:
I was actually asking about the black part you have attached to the factory roof rack. Do you remember where you got that or what its called? I've googled and googled and have yet to find it.

Oops, sorry about that. Here you go, ARB bolt on antenna mount

It is down towards the bottom uf the page I linked. This is the one I have on my X, just mounted upsidedown.

Casper

hattrik21

Adventurer
I would have never thought to try that on the roof rack. I'm gonna have to get one ordered so I don't have to drill holes in my truck.

Thanks for getting back to me.

XJINTX

Explorer
Hey Casper "How's It ?" Have not heard a lot from you since last years MOAB. I'm still interested in that trailer and I really need the gas can holders like you gave away at GONE ;)

Blue Skies & Dusty Trails,
Roger

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Roger,
Good to here from you. I missed you this year in Moab. Hopefully you will be able to make it next year.
As for the trailer, you really need to get one. I can't imagine what I would do without it now. If you have any questions about it let me know.

Casper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94