Casper's Xterra Build

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yo Casper, how goesit ?

Haven't seen/talked to you since the lunch at ORI, which-

Brings me to my question-They've moved to Patrick-which is about 15 minutes from my place in Fernley-

Have you been to there new spot and would you recommend them installing a set of 5.13s in my JKU Rubi (yellow)??

Hows that little pup of yours ??

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Noxious007, Those look to be good. I don't remember what size I used, but I can go out and measure them later today.

Jimbo, good to hear from you. Yea, they moved and I think they may have even changed their name as well. I haven't been there or had any contact from them since they moved. As long as Lance is still their lead tech then I can still recommend them. He has always done great work whether it was wrenching or custom fab.

Porthos is doing great, outside now playing in all this new snow. At least he likes it. :)

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Great, thanx Casper-I'm going up there Sunday and I'll visit them next week and find out about if Lance is still there-

Hey Noxious007, Those look to be good. I don't remember what size I used, but I can go out and measure them later today.

Jimbo, good to hear from you. Yea, they moved and I think they may have even changed their name as well. I haven't been there or had any contact from them since they moved. As long as Lance is still their lead tech then I can still recommend them. He has always done great work whether it was wrenching or custom fab.

Porthos is doing great, outside now playing in all this new snow. At least he likes it. :)

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

The JKU Rubi Dana 44s aren't much different than the others, it's just the touchy LOCKER position and I'm not about to doit myself in a 30 degree garage-

Is the Jackson Meadow Reservoir road closed, or can you go south -snow probably pretty deep towards Bowman/Sawmill ??

Cheers

Noxious007

Observer

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

If you could measure that would be great. Thanks Josh!

Casper

Adventurer
So, in my never ending quest to improve my X I have decided it needs to loose weight. Had it at the scales about a month ago and it came in at 5920. No wonder it's so underpowered.

First off was the dual swings for the rear bumper. Though I like them, I really don't need them, since I have the ability to carry 20 gallons of water and 10 gallons of gas on the trailer, and I can carry the spare inside the X or on the trailer if needed. Just unbolted them for the time being, plans are to replace the bumper completely....I think. As I pull stuff of I am weighing it. The two swings together with nothing on them weigh in at just under a 130lbs. (it's actually scarry when you think about it, 130 for the metal, 100 for the tire, 40 for the fuel, 40 for the water. That's 310 lbs hanging off the very back of the X)

Next off was the rack. I love this rack, but in reality I just don't use it for it's intent. It weighed in at just over 150 lbs. :Wow1: Not sure if I am going to put the lights back on the roof or not, kinda like the look of it bald. :victory: Matches me. :victory:
So, all said and done the X lost almost 300 lbs this weekend. Took it for a spin, he's more "peppy" and doesn't lean anywhere near as much going around coners. I'm happy, now to find more things that weight too much and pull them off.

Couple photos of the "bald X"

816939123_photobucket_46690_.jpg

816939123_photobucket_46692_.jpg

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Great truck! great trailer! Great Build!

This may make me seem like a grammar nazi but when you use the phrase Valla! i believe what you are looking for is Voila!

its French, a combination of the words vois (to see) and la (there) literally means look there.

keep up the great work!

Casper

Adventurer
Great truck! great trailer! Great Build!

This may make me seem like a grammar nazi but when you use the phrase Valla! i believe what you are looking for is Voila!

its French, a combination of the words vois (to see) and la (there) literally means look there.

keep up the great work!

Thanks mortonm, as for being a grammer nazi, no worries. I fully except that I can't spell or use the right words from time to time. I'm better with numbers and vehicles than I am with spelling and grammer. :)

Nothing new to report on the X at this point. Things stalled out last year do to lack of money, lossing Porthos and then moving out of California. But things are looking up. I have a great new job in Colorado, and will be moving into a place I can start working on the X again next week. So stay tuned, as I have some rather large plans. :)

Cheers,
JP

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:smiley_drive: oh crap, Casper, I'm really sorry to hear about Porthos--and your job-

Thanks mortonm, as for being a grammer nazi, no worries. I fully except that I can't spell or use the right words from time to time. I'm better with numbers and vehicles than I am with spelling and grammer. :)

Nothing new to report on the X at this point. Things stalled out last year do to lack of money, lossing Porthos and then moving out of California. But things are looking up. I have a great new job in Colorado, and will be moving into a place I can start working on the X again next week. So stay tuned, as I have some rather large plans. :)

Cheers,
JP

I hope everything else is OK-

:coffee: JIMBO

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Jimbo,
Thanks. Loosing Porthos was really tough. He was just too young. I truly thought I would never get another pup again. Well, things change. I moved to Nederland, Colorado last October for a new job (truly love both the job and the area). While I have good friends here already, and made many more when I moved I still felt a tad lonely at night. A good friend close by told me about a friend of his that bred Alaskan Malamutes. I had a look and one thing led to another. I now have a new (not a replacement, just a new mind you) traveling buddy and furry friend. His name is Aramis (yep, I still love the Musketeers) He was born on January 15th of this year.

His first ride home.
18d37294.jpg

Checking out the new house.
e7296074.jpg

Eating my shoe.
52984a51.jpg

f3e9320e.jpg

Squeaky ball fun
23f25f0c.jpg

8edb0ef3.jpg

91075070.jpg

All tuckered out from a big first day.
7838a025.jpg

9658e3c2.jpg

9d1cd1a6.jpg

First shopping trip.
7e27804a.jpg

Being a goofy puppy. :)
f43b3bcb.jpg

36c9824a.jpg

8e23513c.jpg

4391cbfd.jpg

Chilling outside.
f6351100.jpg

4a2f75c6.jpg

First ride in the X.
8b287fa8.jpg

eb519efa.jpg

And finally big enough to get on the sofa.
f5f4a1c0.jpg

2d060a22.jpg

Having a puppy is..... a learning experience, but I'm getting it.

Cheers,
Josh

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Beautiful pup and I'm sure you're gonna see a lotta Porthos inem--

We all have to move now and then and we can be real lucky if the "MOVE" has more +'s than -'s, I'm glad you found a goodun--

I probably won't getta chance to seeya, I doubt if I'll be going to Colorado for a while--I'm going over to the Bowman area for 3/4 days and I have to goto Coeur-D-Alane for a week, then Las Vegas, so

Everybody's gotta story-

Glad everythings OK-

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Scotty,
I think I posted all the ones I had, but if you can give me a few day I will see about taking some new ones. Any particular shots you are interested in seeing?

Cheers,
Josh

Adventure IQ

Explorer
Hey Jimbo,
Thanks. Loosing Porthos was really tough. He was just too young. I truly thought I would never get another pup again. Well, things change. I moved to Nederland, Colorado last October for a new job (truly love both the job and the area). While I have good friends here already, and made many more when I moved I still felt a tad lonely at night. A good friend close by told me about a friend of his that bred Alaskan Malamutes. I had a look and one thing led to another. I now have a new (not a replacement, just a new mind you) traveling buddy and furry friend. His name is Aramis (yep, I still love the Musketeers) He was born on January 15th of this year.

His first ride home.
18d37294.jpg

Checking out the new house.
e7296074.jpg

Eating my shoe.
52984a51.jpg

f3e9320e.jpg

Squeaky ball fun
23f25f0c.jpg

8edb0ef3.jpg

91075070.jpg

All tuckered out from a big first day.
7838a025.jpg

9658e3c2.jpg

9d1cd1a6.jpg

First shopping trip.
7e27804a.jpg

Being a goofy puppy. :)
f43b3bcb.jpg

36c9824a.jpg

8e23513c.jpg

4391cbfd.jpg

Chilling outside.
f6351100.jpg

4a2f75c6.jpg

First ride in the X.
8b287fa8.jpg

eb519efa.jpg

And finally big enough to get on the sofa.
f5f4a1c0.jpg

2d060a22.jpg

Having a puppy is..... a learning experience, but I'm getting it.

Cheers,
Josh

Been luking in the X area a bit since my 4x4 is a wrangler and my X is 2wd. Looking for an affordable 4x4 X now...
Understand about the pup. Lost my best pal in a Jeep accident a 18 months ago. Not long afterwards I picked up Trigger, who by no means is a replacement....just a new pal.

Anyway, love the thread and giving me tons of ideas for my next X. Looking in the 2003 to 2007 range....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior