Pelican Remote Area Lighting System

postalWagon

Adventurer
I have been looking at portable lighting systems that I do not have to mount on my vehicle. I came across Pelicans RAPS and was wandering if the are practical or worth my money?

Andy@AAV

Old Marine
I have 2 of these we use for ranges. They provide enough light to shoot targets with pistols out to 25 meters. They last all night on the low setting. No problems with them after 2 years of use. As for the cost benefit: the taxpayers bought them so I can't say if it's worth it for you. If I could afford one myself I would buy it though.

Andy@AAV

Old Marine
We use the 9460, so my comments don't directly apply. If the 9440 is anywhere near as good you will be happy with it!

D

Deleted member 9101

Humm, I would think for 750.00 you could come up with a little cheaper solution....lol.

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
For $750 I would buy an inverter and something like some quartz lamps, and some more battery storage. For $1K, how about a Honda EU2000I and some quartz lamps.
Gives one more flexibility.

D

Deleted member 9101

I can do it even cheaper. 1 AGM battery, as much wire as you need, and as many 12V LED work/driving lights as you want. Put a clamp on the lights and you are in business. Or you could thread the lights onto a camera tripod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne