GSI Pressure cooker?

WAND3R3R

Adventurer
I recommend a Thermal Cooker. You only need to bring your food to a boil for a few mins over a fire or on a stove / grill and then place it in the Thermal Cooker, hours later the food is cooked! There is no need to continue to provide heat to the cooker. They work great, safe to use in a vehicle and use minimal energy.

Tumbleweed

Adventurer
I recently bought a can cooker jr. Tried it twice so far and love it. On line through Walmart. Meal done in 45-55 minutes total.

beemerchef

Explorer
Need to check on the Thermal Cooker! Sounds good to me. Any links?

One items I cook quite a bit in a pressure cooker are Anasazi Beans. They are a bit hard to find but do not require overnight soaking and cook in half the time. You can then make salads with it or eat it hot or whatever!

A nice salad with those beans [or any other beans] is one taken from an Egyptian Salad called "foul". Beans, chopped hard boiled eggs, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions and... pita bread with it is great!

Stay well and BTW our Solar Oven also works great! [when at camp all day]

Ara and Spirit

andytruck

Observer
Pressure cooker is the best. Fast. Uses less propane. Locks in flavors.
I use mine as much as possible, and I like it for speed and that it does not need tending to. I can start dinner, leave it alone and take a shower or something and dinner is ready in 10-15 mins.
Burrito recipe:
toss everything in the pot and heat until it reaches pressure then turn off stove and let sit about 10 minutes.
Ingreidents I use are meat (chicken, steak, ground beef etc)
onion
bell peppers - red, yellow, green
zucchini
other veggies as desired
salt/pepper
black beans (half black/half pinto or a can of each depending on serving size)
medium salsa
paprika
garlic powder or garlic salt.
rice instant rice.
add a little water if you strained the beans, the water is for the rice and for the steam that will be let off.
Mix then put the lid on and let cook. You can have the pot cooking before you secure the lid - cook onion first
It all cooks and flavors mingle.
Have the burrito shell ready and have guac, cheese or other toppings ready.
Also works great for a dip, make a meal out of the dip in this case.

CamHamm

Yes, I have used a Pressure Cooker once in our camping. I cooked a beef chili. Quickly and effectively you can make a tender and delectable stew using the magic of the pressure cooker.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
We have both sizes. Small one for the missus and I. Big one when we go in a group or will be camping somewhere social. Apart from the savings in fuel the biggest thing for us is being able to have a decent meal with dubious quality meats. These things will come close to tenderizing a rock.

Sorry no recipes. That's the missus's department. I can manage to make espressos with an automatic machine and that's the limit of my skills (but a very critical one)

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I use mine all the for making Coq Au vin, Beef Bourguignon, chili and stew. Great addition to the cookeset

ronalyn

Mostly of you here love pressure cooker. How about slow cooker does anyone here tries cooking in slow cooker?

andytruck

Observer
Mostly of you here love pressure cooker. How about slow cooker does anyone here tries cooking in slow cooker?

Slow cooker is not related to a pressure cooker, people cook with all kinds of things, check the forum or bettycrocker.com for topics on your favorite method to cook I would suggest if interested in cooking.
A pressure cooker is ideal for camping, where a crock pot would suck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles