Help me pick my Mog

foxhunter

Adventurer
355spider.just wondering ... have you checked out the "mog heaven gxv" unimog for sale in California (at gxvmoghvn.webs.com/) ? It might be large enough for a family vehicle.

355spider

I guess some of the fast axle SBUs can go 60mph, but that may be near redline on flat ground. And as we've discussed elsewhere that's going to take maybe ~200hp plus.
I don't get the impression that people cruising at 55-60mph worry about 55 mph rated tires, especially if way under the weight rating. Much more risk is probably taken by running fast at low air pressure.
As far as camper size, a big SBU doka like the 2450 "dinohunter" had a camper that was about 8 feet long, I believe. That's why couples have mog campers, and families have RV's and trailers.
A double cab Tundra or F250 pulling a high clearance trailer can go more places than something like Ecoroamer. A some point designing to cram everyone into a single 4x4 vehicle has no benefit.
I'd like to see this dinohunter. I have checked out that U500 Doka but they are asking a rediculous price of 175 for it so no way. I know me and I will tear up a traditional RV in a heartbeat just like I tore of my wife's QX56 in the mountains. Now we have resorted to Landcruiser/FJ Cruiser only for our outings. I think me and a Unimog would work nicely in South America. I cant imagine trying to do it in a RV.

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
This is Dino Hunter

342668d1290038864-dino-hunter-box-sale-dino2_p8191218.jpg

267126d1255992272-snowka-doka-img_0114.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier