Front receiver hitches

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
Front receiver hitches, how effective are they in tight spots? I need to push my trailer up the driveway and into the garage without using my back.

Riptide

Explorer
No easier way to put a trailer away. You can easily see exactly where the trailer is without craning yer neck. You'll love it!

jim65wagon

absolutely agree! The front receiver is perfect for precise manuevering of a trailer. I can get the boat so close to the garage that I can't fit between the two.

r_w

Adventurer
Only thing better for manuevering a trailer is a skid loader. Until I find one of those for $200, I will be using my front hitch.

chasespeed

Explorer
Yet another vote for the front receiver! Also makes a nice attachment for for shackles, winch cable to use a block, etc....

Chase

youwillforget

Adventurer
I have 2 where the factory hooks were LEEDengineering but they no longer sell them, Reese had some for a few Trucks. I will miss mine when I get a diffrent truck.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I made my own-

hitch.JPG
mountinstalled.JPG
Poser.JPG

Maybe you need a Trailer tug? or a Power Caster?

Chief_919

Observer
Love mine!

I use a lot of pintle hook trailers, so my receiver mounted hook rides in it a lot of the time- making what amounts to a receiver mounted push bar.

WAND3R3R

Adventurer
Bodiak

A Company called Bodiak makes (or made?) a great front trailer hitch that attaches to the front tow hooks, it is very well made. Attached easily to my F350 and works well.

m715

I'd vote for a front receiver hitch as well.
We added a front receiver hitch to my CJ7. It made moving trailers around the yard a breeze, you can see exactly where you and the trailer are going.

I just happened to see this old picture of my jeep moving a converted sailboat trailer into a narrow 1 car garage...
cj7_trailer1.jpg

UNI

Adventurer
03JeepSet-Up-1.jpg

On our last Jeep, we added a front hitch unit. The front hitch allowed us to pull the canoe over the hood of the Jeep, allowing us to pull our box trailer with out hitting the back of our canoe. We would pull this trailer for extended group canoe trips, hauling a lot of gear.

sorry for the poor quality pic, throw away camera was used.

UNI

Chief_919

Observer
03JeepSet-Up-1.jpg

On our last Jeep, we added a front hitch unit. The front hitch allowed us to pull the canoe over the hood of the Jeep, allowing us to pull our box trailer with out hitting the back of our canoe. We would pull this trailer for extended group canoe trips, hauling a lot of gear.

sorry for the poor quality pic, throw away camera was used.

UNI

I need to build a unit like that- thanks for the heads idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne