The other side of South Africa

Spikepretorius

Explorer
How's this for a case of positive actions.
The location is a very remote area of the Great Karoo. Basically in the middle of the desert.

Pic 1: A map of the location. A remote dirt road.

Pic 2: A shelter made of some sort of plant. The place is named Asbosskerm which translates to Ash Bush Shelter.

Pic 3: Self explanatory

Pic 4: Translation: Self service. Something for the empty spot. Something for the thirst. Something to take with you. And love for the soul. travel safely onward.

Pic 5: God says: You may not steal- and that is that! So- eat and drink, look and scratch, buy and pay and travel safely further with a clear conscience. Karoo love!

Pic 6: Self explanatory

Now who says there is no more love and goodwill left in the world? :) :) :)

Attachments

• image001a.jpg
    image001a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 42

Sirocco

Explorer
Freakin awesome :) If that was in the uk it would have been stolen/crushed/graffiti'd/set on fire/blown up/council pull it down due to lack of 'planning permission'/stolen... did I mention stolen?

*delete as appropriate.

Do you know how long it has been there? up and running kind of thing. Looks very new. I love the idea :)

G

Harald Hansen

Explorer
On remote roads in Norway there's sometimes self-help strawberry sales by the side of the road.

The Norwegian Trekking Association operates a series of cabins around the country that have stocked pantries operating on the honour system.

Spikepretorius

Explorer
Do you know how long it has been there? up and running kind of thing. Looks very new.
I don't know. I do know of a guy who went there a year ago so it's not that new.

Yes Harald I know of similar stalls selling produce in Holland as well but here in South Africa usually stuff is stolen or vandalised in the blink of an eye hence the utter amazement. We're usually a nation of criminals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles