Some German overland vehicles

Oilworker

Explorer
G´day,

I guess the following images is best placed here, don´t you think?

ORC_Tibus_G-Professional_web1000t.jpg

This was taken at Hans Baur´s place (www.orc.de) in Germany. He just finished this conversion, fitting the Tibus (www.killeraxles.com) 4" bolt-on portals.

ORC_Tibus_G-Professional_02_web1000t.jpg

Everything sorted and ready for the big adventure early 2012.

I have more images, but am writing while driving, so I´ll post them later.

So long,

Robert

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oh goodness, you had to do that while I'm researching new suspension.
$12k+ for portals/front brakes...:drool:

Moar pics please when you can.

Last edited:

Oilworker

Explorer
Uuups, sorry :coffee:

I knew he wanted to do this since we spoke about the portal stuff 4 years ago in Syberia. 2 years ago I proudly showed him my truck and now this...

I have tons more images for a reportage I want to do.

I also have great images from his Pur G with the Maltec (www.maltec.org) expedition cabin, if you like? From the striped and cut vehicle to the finished expedition camper.

So long,

Robert

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Robert!

I can't believe you've started a thread in another forum that I'm going to be checking every hour to see if you've posted more pics.

You're ruining my life, man!

Cheers,
Mark

thecriscokid

Explorer
Uuups, sorry :coffee:

I knew he wanted to do this since we spoke about the portal stuff 4 years ago in Syberia. 2 years ago I proudly showed him my truck and now this...

I have tons more images for a reportage I want to do.

I also have great images from his Pur G with the Maltec (www.maltec.org) expedition cabin, if you like? From the striped and cut vehicle to the finished expedition camper.

So long,

Robert

Any more info/images of the roofs the 2 G's have installed?
Thanks
Eric

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Any more info/images of the roofs the 2 G's have installed?
Thanks
Eric

Eric,

G_912-vi.jpg

Part number #80-100
Roof tent
2400 x 1400 x 220 mm (l/b/h), weight ca. 79 kg
Mercedes G, long wheel base
3.421,25 EUR

They have a solar system for it too.

There are a few other variations out there. PM me for more info/links.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
G´day,

I guess the following images is best placed here, don´t you think?

ORC_Tibus_G-Professional_web1000t.jpg

This was taken at Hans Baur´s place (www.orc.de) in Germany. He just finished this conversion, fitting the Tibus (www.killeraxles.com) 4" bolt-on portals.

ORC_Tibus_G-Professional_02_web1000t.jpg

Everything sorted and ready for the big adventure early 2012.

I have more images, but am writing while driving, so I´ll post them later.

So long,

Robert
:eek: :yikes: HOLY awesome G-Wagen BATMAN!!!! At first I thought it was an Entdecker or something like it, I didn't see the portal axles... That is SO AMAZING. I just asked the fiance if I could buy a G-wagen and she said if I could make it look like that one I could... AWESOME. Now to go rob that bank I've thinking of to pay for it HAHAHAHA. That is a truly awesome truck. I'd hapily drive that for the rest of my life yes please and thank you mam... Does ORC have anything up about the conversion or do you know of a place where there's more info on the truck??? That's pretty much the perfect overland rig right there if you're not wanting something the size of a Mog/box combo.

Cheers

Dave

Oilworker

Explorer
Another side view..

ORC_Tibus_G-Professional_03_web1000t.jpg

There will be a full feature on these G wagons next month.

The portals are ready to go and this is one of two build for lucky customers.

Robert

Oilworker

Explorer
That´s nothing compared to what happens when Hans Baur (ORC) builds a long wheelbase G wagon with the carbon-fibre expedition cabon from Malte Asmus (www.Maltec.org) and Wolfgang Tibus´ bolt-on portals...that really is mental and almost beyond imagination....

To top that off you can only look at the expedition/hunting Haeglund the Hellgeth brothers (www.hellgeth.de) just build for a customer. Beyond anything I have ever seen or could dream of before I saw it in their workshop...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94