SEMA 2011: Official Thread with Pics, Pics, Pics

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
shame the Action Camper didn't make it to SEMA as I think it would have really made an impression.
It really puts us into play with alot of what you see in Europe, very cool stuff there

I agree with Todd that at least things are growing and that helps us all

I agree with many of you guys who wrote about this. We just recently made a Website for all US Overlanders. http://www.actioncamper.info. Here you'll find the newest pictures, 360x180 interior panoramas, etc.. Now I'm back to Austria, to get production ready. My friends from AT Overland will answer all questions in the future. Of course I'll allways answer design related questions.
Panoramas: they can be controlled individually with the mouse; the buttons at the bottom enlarge when the mouse arrow approaches; by holding down the left mouse button and moving down an 360x180 can be turned down ; the mouse wheel is a zoom wheel; depending on the connection speed they may take a while to load; please be patient!
Why didn't we make it to SEMA on time? The container ship had bad weather in the panama canal = 4 extra days; it arrived in Long Beach Friday night, until the container got to the deliverers warehouse it was almost Saturday noon; the union doesn't allow to move things until Monday morning at 8:00; we where lucky to get a VIP spot at the entrance where the check-in is on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.; mission impossible. Sorry! I hope for next year.....

Last edited:

fisher205

Explorer
I think it's really odd that a forum about in progress travel and a subset of that about a one week vehicle that is over get it's own sticky. Is it just me or this out whack?
There are trips on here that get less views then then the 300th article on someone changing the wheels and tires on their Tacoma. The only real way to get visits and replies up on a trip report is to mention guns.

Just something I noticed......

Last edited:

trump

Adventurist
I think it's really odd that a forum about in progress travel and a subset of that about a one week vehicle that is over get it's own sticky. Is it just me or this out whack?
There are trips on here that get less views then then the 300th article on someone changing the wheels and tires on their Tacoma. The only real way to get visits and replies up on a trip report is to mention guns.

Just something I noticed......

Interesting point that should be discussed. You should post this question in Fireside Chat... I guarantee you'll get lots of opinions to your question.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
I'm sorry when this is not interesting for you. There are many who followed us with high interest, so I answered questions.
What about the photos and panoramas of the Grand Canyon test drive. Not interested in that too?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I think its funny that it has portal axles together with the 6 foot tall tires - I guess it really needed the extra couple of inches of clearance!

I also hadn't thought about how it steers - its rear steering only - The front axle is a fixed (rear) alxe as there is no clearance for the tires. That's got to be really odd driving it.

I suppose it might work in CO but I wouldn't even try it here in the Pacific NW with all the trees to drive around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior