Forest Service Road Adventure Mobile

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Very nice set up Runt! Very clean, I especially like the front hidden hitch and the way the rear bumper blends in like it was factory.

Runt

Adventurer
The ARB Fridge Freezer works fantastic! ........ the solar panel easily keeps it charged. The sat. phone is a Global Star.

Runt

Adventurer
Hey Runt, how's it going !
So what's the word on the camper....fit for a bush ape ?

Hey hey

LIFE IS GOOD!

Not much to report about the camper as I have had zero problems! Its been bounced down about 13,000 km's of forest service roads and rough northern highways and no issues. I have froze the water lines multiple times when I forgot to turn on the line and tank heaters but the heat tape thaws things out quite quickly. Condensation has been a bit of a issue so I have bought a dehumidifier. I wipe down the ceiling and walls every morning. Its a tough camper thats for sure.....very fit for a bush ape. Only issue I have is the under bead storage......Coyote RV designed it so it has three equal storage compartments, which is great except for my - 50 degree celcius rated sleeping bag is a little bulky to fit in one compartment. I have to remove the outer shell and store in the adjacent compartment which is a PITA. Pretty minor and completly my issue with this sleeping bag only. My -20 degree celcius bag fits no problem.

Only things I would do diffrent:

In retrospect I should have added some sort of heater to the port podi compartment as it has frozen a few times now. Switched to a folding dry type toilet with waste bag. The next camper I get Rob to build me I will have a propane hook up plumbed to the back to hook up the BBQ to instead of running a long line.

Camper works awesome with this truck.....really good combination if you need to get to the middle of nowhere and back again in comfort.

Runt

Adventurer
It's a great bumper.....very well made and the powder coat is perfect. CBI Off Road is a damn good place to get off road accessories. I highly recommend CBI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior