Forest Service Road Adventure Mobile

Runt

Adventurer
Camper tie downs

Hello
Camper is secured by drilling throught the box and adding stainless steel eye bolts that have a massive washer and nylock nut on the other end. There are eye bolts that are attached to the frame of the camper and ratchet straps with snap hooks on each end that connect the camper to the box. Seems to hold well.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Hello
Camper is secured by drilling throught the box and adding stainless steel eye bolts that have a massive washer and nylock nut on the other end. There are eye bolts that are attached to the frame of the camper and ratchet straps with snap hooks on each end that connect the camper to the box. Seems to hold well.

So, the camper is mounted to the composite bed only, and not to the frame in some way? I guess that is the way most campers are mounted.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Great set up.
Hopefully the next gen Tacomas will go back to a standard bed instead of the composite.

Runt

Adventurer
Hello All
The eye hooks are attached by drilling through the box floor through both sides of the wheels wells. Once you see it you have no doubts. I have hit cross ditches when I have not been paying attention dozens of times……(admiring trees & surroundings) where I have bounced my head of the ceiling of the cab. No change to the camper or the eyebolt attachments on the box thus far.

Big Al

Runt,

Fabulous set-up. I live in the Southern Interior of BC and am considering a Phoenix Pop-up. Any chance I could actually see your camper to get an idea what I might be buying?

Big Al

Runt

Adventurer
You bet. Private message me and we can arrange some thing I hope. I work all over B.C. so chances are I might roll through your town at some point.

Doc Foster

Adventurer
That is one nice setup. I have a 2012 Double Cab Long Bed and hope to one day have it set up similar to yours!
Please keep us updated with reports and pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles