Quick Hello from Peru

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Not really on an expedition (unless you consider taxi/bus travel with a wife, teenager and 9yr old) but I am always on the look out for rigs and other travelers.
I always forget how many old land rovers are used down here with pto´s for work. I also saw (and got a pic of) a newer land cruiser police ride...however no really an offroading community since so many of the roads are dirt anyway :)
I can´t wait for my 9yr old Martin to grad high school so we can do the panamerican hiway and drive all the way down here (and beyond...all except that 80 mile Darien Gap between Panama & Columbia.
The FJ Summit was a blast and if I can get to a hi speed connection I will try to post pics of our pre-peru colorado trip.

Enjoy
1leglance

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Welcome! We would love to hear of your travels. My wife and I visited Puerto Valletta and our main mode of transportation was via Taxi and rental sand rails and ATV's. It can be an adventure with or with out a vehicle. We had a great time.... keep us posted with your adventure!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
a quick note to say Hi and that we have survived thus far in our trip...
We have seen some nice rides we just can´t get in the USA...toyota hilux 4door truck in 4x4 diesel, mitsubishi 4 door truck 4x4 diesel called L200...lots of other stuff I can´t id on the road....folks here used this stuff everyday on dirt roads and farms...
I can´t count the number of Land Cruisers of all models and Land Rovers series "old" :) all with pto´s and gear rigged.
Greyhound should come here and check out the buses they use for long distance travel
2 front axles and 2 rear make the ride really comfortable and with reclining seats and movies
the travel time flys by.
The islands and nature reserve were really cool, sea lions, penguins, lots of different birds
and the smell of islands covered in 10ft thick bird poop to top if off :)
Then we were off to our next town to fly over the nazca lines....giant drawings in the desert
that no one understands the why of...very cool but we all lost our breakfasts as the pilot of our
little plane was kind enough to try to give us all best view...mainly by flying the plane on
its side!
We all 4 had to go back to our hotel to lay down for a couple of hours while our stomaches settled
We are now in Arequipa...at our own hotel but still stuck seeing the wife´s family, at least this way we can escape for some peace and quiet.
Tues we should be at the family farm (lots of wine made there) so we will be out of touch.
more to follow when possible,
enjoy
1leglance
PS I never cease to be amazed at the leapfrog of tech..everyone has cellphones and internet cafes are on every corner of even the smallest towns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz