Daystar Spare Tire Fuel/Water Cans

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
That looks very strange hanging off the spare like that. I would stick to the higher capacity NATO cans myself on a can holder made for them and not limiting access to the spare or increasing the rear overhang at all.

wjeeper

Interesting product. I wonder if they will be like most of the CARB compliant plastic cans out there? The last two I have used were ventless, "glugged" and causing me to spill gas allover the place.

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
Interesting product. I wonder if they will be like most of the CARB compliant plastic cans out there? The last two I have used were ventless, "glugged" and causing me to spill gas allover the place.

Funny how they do that eh? Make a can to be environmentally friendly and they leak fuel every time you need to use them. I have never spilled a drop with my old steel Septer can.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Funny how they do that eh? Make a can to be environmentally friendly and they leak fuel every time you need to use them. I have never spilled a drop with my old steel Septer can.

Exactly. My old NATO cans never spill a drop, and never leak no matter how much my elevation or ambient temperature changes. These new CARB-compliant cans are an absolute joke. I can't even fuel up my lawn mower without spilling and/or spraying gas all over the place - never mind actually fueling up a vehicle with the stupid small-diameter unleaded-fuel-only filler necks.

I guess it's just another example of the inevitable fact that everything the government meddles in just turns to $#!+. :(

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
Exactly. My old NATO cans never spill a drop, and never leak no matter how much my elevation or ambient temperature changes. These new CARB-compliant cans are an absolute joke. I can't even fuel up my lawn mower without spilling and/or spraying gas all over the place - never mind actually fueling up a vehicle with the stupid small-diameter unleaded-fuel-only filler necks.

I guess it's just another example of the inevitable fact that everything the government meddles in just turns to $#!+. :(

Fortunently the non Carb cans are still easy to get here.

grimbo

Explorer
Well the details are in the link. Blitz have gone down the gurgles and Daystar are fine just not selling the red gasoline ones but still selling the other ones

southpier

Expedition Leader
I don't know the details, but it sounds like yet another U.S. manufacturer was taken down by B.S. and ************ lawyers. What a great time in American history to take down a business that provides jobs and a product that sells.
well... if what's being produced is causing more problems than it's worth ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier