Dakar 2012

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Thanks for the info...there is also an official Dakar 2012 app as well...it is .99...

Don't get the app! It crashes constantly and has even caused some phones to lock up permanently.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Hummers took 1st and 3rd on the second stage. Peterhansel's Mini was sandwiched in second.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

haven

Expedition Leader
KTM riders Coma and Despres lead the way for the bikes today.

Better day for the Hummers. On day 1, Gordon had to stop and tow his teammate Nasser Al-Attiyah the last few kms. Al-Attiyah's car had an oil pressure problem. No issues today, and Al-Attiyah won stage 2. Gordon had a flat, spoiling the chance of a 1-2 Hummer finish.

Three Minis, two Hummers and one Toyota HiLux make up the top 6 cars. Three Ivecos in the top 5 trucks!

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Any news on Suesse/Neduro...I can't find anything other than first stage standing...I'm rooting for my high school bud Ned

Wilbur

Adventurer
I'm really enjoying this years Dakar, seems so far to be a Hummer/RGM vs Mini battle. I'm really impressed with Nassar being able to pick up on the H3, and the lack of extra support truck I think is benefitting them honestly.

One thing that surprises me is Mini's chassis was last years BMW X3 Dakar chassis.

NothingClever

Explorer
It appears Stage 6 has been cancelled due to weather. From the Dakar webpage.

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2012/us/stage-5/live-feed.html

Due to the bad weather continuing over the Andes Cordillera (rain and snow), the Chilean authorities were forced to close, for the night, the border at Paso de San Francisco, situated at 4700m.

For the 7th time, the Dakar is about to cross over the Andes, and because of very unfavourable conditions, added to the fact that the course has been hit by rain and snow, in order to guarantee the security of the competitors and those following the rally, the organisers have decided to organise a convoy for all vehicles tomorrow. The itinerary has been changed after the border (follow the main road on the right which goes to Diego de Almagro).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles