Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepping a camel trophy defender 110 for around the world...

Which bit do you call the main housing?

This might help http://www.xtremelandy.co.uk/Manuals...ts%20Lists.pdf last winch on the PDF

I'll see what I can do
    1993 200Tdi Discovery S 5dr
    2006 VW Touareg V10 Tdi project; on going
    2005 Audi A4 2.0Tdi S Line Avant
    2007 Audi A4 1.9Tdi SE Avant
    Auverland A3 1.9TDi Project; on going

I guess #22 wormbox is what I called the main housing (first pic). This one I need for sure.

IMG_0865.jpg

The others are gravy, but there are a couple warning stickers and then the one on the motor cover. I have that, but when ordering the solenoid cover they sent me one of those. Its not worth shipping it back and mine is a bit beat up so if I had a new sticker I could use it (the new one did not come with a sticker).

IMG_0866.jpgIMG_0867.jpg

Thanks again,
    charles

Okay

Do you need a solenoid cover? They are about 10 but I'm happy to swap for something I may need in the future!

Nice Iskra motor by the way

At this point I might as well - mine is just cracked from shipping and I could live with it as-is. But if the rest is all shiny and new looking with labels that would be awesome.

I'm happy to pay for it, or trade if you like. I got some ARB parts for a brit recently as he couldn't order them from there for some reason.

I'll take your word on the motor . I have not used the winch yet and it's a bit of an odd one - seems to have been branded something else, never used, but moved around in a garage for 10+ years or so I'm told.

Thanks, and again sorry for the continued hijack. I'm happy to take this off thread if needed.

I have no stickers at all so whatever may have been on this when they were put on the camel trophy trucks at the time would be great..I guess the husky one on the spur box would be hard to see as it would be at the back of the unit..I think there may have been one under the control lever saying in/out...open/close or something similar.. If they don't have a particular decal if they would have a copy of it I should be able to get it replicated by a sticker guy...and can make extras for future needs by people... I know that the trophy trucks had the superwinch decals on them but I don't recall anything about husky anywhere externally..

This is what happens when you realise you have typed a response but not sent it...then it seems out of order..

Righto

All the stickers are available - all have different part numbers so that is being collated by Superwinch as I write this - I'll just get the two packs!

They call the bracing bar a CAMEL TROPHY BAR - it was initially designed for CT; it's not sold in the states but is still supplied on order over here. I've got 1 on order - it's come out of a dusty box in the back of the store with 'Camel' written on in felt tip marker

The solenoid cover 7709 is also on order.

Delivery to me depends on when they get round to collating the sticker part numbers... Should be next week

You are the freakin MAN....love it...I got a message from superwinch USA yesterday that they were having trouble finding the parts I had requested...if its not too much to ask could you get the cover on the OTHER side of the solenoids,..the one over the lever..they did manage to get the solenoid cover for me in my last order..

so one motor cover then

Shane I'll take pictures of my CT 110 winch so you can see where they go. Anything else you need pics of? Loving this thread. I need to call you for some tuning advice. If you ever make it to the San Fran Bay Area you have a warm bed and cold beer waiting!

got my hood back from my painter finally so i went about installing the dynamat hood insulation...
    latest-camel-160-L.jpg

and my heavy duty spare wheel mounting reinforcing plate..
    latest-camel-161-L.jpg

latest-camel-162-L.jpg
    Still have to custom make risers for the support towers as due to the larger tyres the towers need to be about 3/4 of an inch taller to support the wheel...

Went back to working on the monumental pain in my rear...the dreaded and time devouring over-complicaed and thought out hinged light bar unit..
    Please keep in mind alot of these thiings are mock ups at the moment to make sure evrything gels together...the have not had the finaal clean up and tidying...all of that will be done when all works together okay... Well i got my piano hinge and secured it up and started welding everything in place...
    latest-camel-163-L.jpg
    With everything tacked up time to give it a trial run...
    latest-camel-167-L.jpg
    ...yep...seems to work so far..I bought 4 of the hella 4000's a while ago but only got 2 of the ones with the city lights in them...so due to the design of the light bar the lighting plug that is on the back of the light assy is too big, so i re-routed and rewires that setup, changed the bulbs aver to 130 watt bulbs,,,,,shhhhh, illegal in the USA...
    latest-camel-174-L.jpg

latest-camel-173-L.jpg
    So with all of them wired up as nec..(wired all of them so they are self grounding to the rack which will be one big ground circuit...)..tiem to stand back and see how they look..
    latest-camel-169-L.jpg

yep....daddy likes...520 watts of retina burners

latest-camel-170-XL.jpg

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast