Cooper Discoverer A/T3

xwerx

Observer
I am looking for new tires and was curious if anyone is running these tires? I noticed that the HEMA 200 series Land Cruiser is using the Cooper Discoverer A/T3. Maybe Scott Brady could chime in with his opinion on these tires since he spent time with the HEMA 200 series.

Looking at going with a 275/70/r18 on a 2005 F150. Currently running BFG AT 285/65/r18.

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-A-T3.aspx

Last edited:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Interesting tire. It appears to be biased toward the daily driver rig that, like most of our DDs, sees mostly pavement and only occasional dirt. Tread blocks appear to be nicely spaced for some off roadability, but overall, the eyeball meter says it's a 85% road goer.

TMPhoto

Observer
Im at work on my phone and the link isnt loading. But I have theCooper Discoverer STT's and I so far am loving them. All Ive done is some mild mudding and a very rutted downhill in dirt/gravel. So far theyve served me quite well and are relatively compared to other tires woth similar tread patterns. I work at a Cooper dealer so ill check out those tires when I get home and see if I recognize them but we sell mostly street tires here

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
I am currently running Cooper AT3 and i love them. They ride great on and offroad great in rain. I do mild offroading and this is my DD. The tires wear great only wish they were a lil more agressive and had more sidewall lugs. Only trouble ive had is in deep powdery sand and they do ok. Havnt tried snow yet tho. Hope this helps!

squam1

I've had about enough of my Goodyear Duratracs (for daily driving anyway) and am going to get something less agressive for less road noise. Trailshaman, how's the noise on the Coopers? I've been seriously considering these tires and they are cheaper than my second and third choices - GY Silent Armors and Michelin LTX M/S2

mires

Adventurer
I have the AT3's in 265/75/16 and have been more than pleased with them. I have about 7k miles on them and have not had them off road but I do drive 4 miles of gravel every day and you can't tell it at all by looking at them. They still look brand new. They are also very quiet, however I am beginning to notice some hum lately which will likely get louder as I put more miles on them. Not a big deal to me. I only had them in the snow twice but they did great. They were very predictable. Where these tires really shine is in the rain. I have owned several different trucks and SUV's with many different tires and none of them can compare to the traction I have now in the rain. Overall, I think this is a great tire for you guys that use your truck as a daily driver and weekend warrior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94