Biggest battery for second gen tacoma?

upcountry

Explorer
Anyone know what the biggest battery is tbat will fit and is compatible with the second gen tacoma? Adding a winch, with lights, and fridge driven off a SPOD SOURCE setup with low voltage cutoff so I don't need a dual battery setup but I.do want to find a battery that wont immedjately be drained below 12.4 volts (cutoff point for SPOD). I have a tiny battery right now since the old one crapped out on the coast of WA in La Push. The only one they had.in the local Les Schwab was a last choice. Ready for upgrade since I'm.adding a winch and need the biggest battery I can stuff in there.

Looking for no maintenenacr sealed battery. Any suggestions on deep cylce vs. Standard and how big? Ideas welcome!

soonenough

Explorer
I have a Diehard Platinum group 65 battery in my 2008. It fit with minor modifications - I had to trim the front lip off the battery tray, and the cables won't reach the lugs on the new battery. I bought a pair of 6" battery cable extensions to fix the problem. The stock hold-down bracket will fit the battery, but you'll have to buy new hold-down rods to fit. This required drilling out one of the old hold-down rods, which is welded into the bracket.

Specs on the battery:
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F):930
Reserve Capacity (RC):135 min.
Amp Hours at 20 Hour Rate:75
It has a 4-year replacement warranty and a 100-month prorated warranty.

I just put the Diehard platinum p2 in my 2010 tacoma, it fit! I was a little worried, but to get it installed for now i just put a wrench under the front part to tilt the battery back, then both stock cables fit, it is very tight but it works just fine, and the stock tie down, i just put a big socket under it so it would fit snug till i can get everything re-done more securely, but it did just fine for needing it to leave sears and go home! couldn't be happier, the ones that fit for tacoma is only like 740 cca and a weaker rc, the p2 has the 135 rc and 930 cca!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles