PirateMcGee's 2001 Montero Sport 3.5XS

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Picked up my new rig yesterday. Sold my 93 2wd toyota pickup (first ever car :(, learned how to drive in it at the age of 11) and my 86 4runner but I am moving to Colorado soon and needed something a wee bit newer and more powerful.

Anyways on to the new rig!

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.5XS w/ 97,000 miles. One of the best maintained vehicles I've ever seen. It was owned by a local doctor's wife, garaged it's whole life, owners bought it new (still have window sticker, dealer pamplet, etc.). Have records for every single service since new. All major service performed at dealership well before it was even due. They were so meticulous that whenever it would get a door ding they would take it to the dealership to be removed haha.

On to pics (not my best work but hey I just got it haha)
DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Japes

Displaced Texan
Congrats, Nice and Clean. Your previous thread said you were pulling a trailer, any luck finding a hitch for it?

JeffRRC

Adventurer
Wow, the cargo area carpet looks new! The whole truck looks amazingly clean. Congrats.

Last edited:

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
there are quite a few hitch's out there....I would really like to source a used factory hitch though if anyone knows of a source.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Congrats, Nice and Clean. Your previous thread said you were pulling a trailer, any luck finding a hitch for it?
Found a factory hitch for $80...picking it up tomorrow

Wow, the cargo area carpet looks new! The whole truck looks amazingly clean. Congrats.
Thanks! It was amazingly well taken care of front to back. Absolutely love it
HOLY CRAP! It's brand new!
Haha practically....the interior looks like no one has ever been inside

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Well went through my first tank of gas......I'm extremely happy 18mpg city/with a lot of slow driving (christmas light viewing haha). This is virtually the same mpg's I was getting out of my 86 4runner with a 22re!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Did you confirm the timing belt was changed? If not, I'd look into that pronto.

If you're gonna have to do the timing belt also change the water pump, & various idler & tensioner pulleys as well as front cam seals since you'll have access to them. Will cost a little more up front but it's better than replacing them in another 20k.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Did you confirm the timing belt was changed? If not, I'd look into that pronto.

If you're gonna have to do the timing belt also change the water pump, & various idler & tensioner pulleys as well as front cam seals since you'll have access to them. Will cost a little more up front but it's better than replacing them in another 20k.

Timing belt was done at the dealership at 84 or 85k miles. Don't remember what else was done but it was an $1800 trip...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94