Santa Came Early... Finally got my Bike..

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thanks man. Took my written test at the DMV last friday, permit is in hand... and the MSF is on the calender for February.

Last edited:

ScottReb

Adventurer
Don't be shy about getting Yoshi her own GS. My wife was a brand new rider a couple years back, never sat on a motorcycle. Picked up her own 650, to match mine as well. 10,000 miles later no regrets. She's only 5'4". No problem with a regular height but you can get lowered GS pretty easy as well. You won't regret her on her own bike. Its a blast traveling with a woman on a bike, everyone wants to chat. Enjoy and ride safe.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yeah i hear you there. We're already looking at a buddies Honda 230c dual sport that is plated for her to ride.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Keep a close eye on the new rear Dunlap 606. This is what my 606 looked like after a spirited ride from Las Vegas to Phoenix on my Dakar.

Attachments

• Dunlop 606.JPG
    Dunlop 606.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 6

gabepari

Explorer
Phil, this is most likely due to low pressures. I had two 606's do that as well, running 17psi on the highway for many miles... I've since upped the pressures to 25+ when slabbing on them and haven't experienced the "lug relocation" problem.

Keep a close eye on the new rear Dunlap 606. This is what my 606 looked like after a spirited ride from Las Vegas to Phoenix on my Dakar.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
My Dakar is used only for trips and I check my air before I leave every time. I also run a 606 on my Honda XR dual sport and never had the problem. What Im saying is to keep an open eye nothing more .....YMMV

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I'll keep an eye regardless. Does Dunlop send you a new tire if the case of this happening or warranty? Thanks for the pointers. Phil, is that the Touratech chain guard?

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I'll keep an eye regardless. Does Dunlop send you a new tire if the case of this happening or warranty? Thanks for the pointers. Phil, is that the Touratech chain guard?

Dont get me wrong the 606 works awesome in the dirt. The down side is the wide flat spot from the tarmac, becomes very loud, and does not like to roll off center ez once worn.

Dunlop engineers told me I excessed the limits of the tire(insert rolling eyes) no new tire. Have been on TKO's ever since.

My guard looks like the Touratech picture without the holes. Not sure could be an older design, I cant remember. All my other Touratech add-ons have been great but the guard has been repaired a couple of times.

You are going to love your Dakar not excellent at anything but great at everything.:bike_rider:

gabepari

Explorer
snip... You are going to love your Dakar not excellent at anything but great at everything.:bike_rider:

Just like a KLR650, but better!! :ylsmoke:

Agreed on the 606 not being the best for tarmac... Since Dave doesn't plan to spend much time on the black stuff, I thought the 606 would be a good tire to start out with.

Gabe

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Just like a KLR650, but better!! :ylsmoke:

Agreed on the 606 not being the best for tarmac... Since Dave doesn't plan to spend much time on the black stuff, I thought the 606 would be a good tire to start out with.

Gabe

Off road the Dakar is work and not forgiven. On the positive you try harder to stay up because it not cheap to fix.:bike_rider:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Dowhahuh????

Need something bigger so you don't get run over on the freeway?

I have a Husaberg I'll sell 'ya . . .

Ha well sort of...never had too many issues keeping up on the freeway, but the bike is not seeing any dirt or camping trips at all, and due to work changes its now seeing even less pavement. I'm not sure what I want but something more road worthy for sure...unless its a Ural! :drool: Anyway, I'm down to my final semester of school and working three jobs, so I figure if I can sell it now then I can quit at least one of the jobs and finish up school without being completely stressed. Hopefully in the fall I'll get back into another bike.

Of course I have made no effort to go take pics or write up an ad. :ylsmoke:

Back to your regularly scheduled Dave thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online