Awesome Overland Jeep

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Come on 266 views and not one comment? There has to be some great thoughts out there when you see this Jeep.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Saw that over on Military Jeepers Forum. I would love to have that rig!

I would probably loose the camper, or maybe install a more modern one, but it's a sweet FC for sure!

bldeagle10

Explorer
agree, I would have a more modern camper put on just cause I have a camper from 1995 on a dodge truck we use for hunting and we actually take really good care of it and its a Lance which aren't cheapo campers and they just seem to degrade kind of quickly. I would at least do an overhaul on the interior, choose lighter materials, more insulation where needed, that kind of stuff, kind of a resto-mod for a camper. keep the outside but modernize everything under the hood and in the interior. maybe throw up some solar panels, lol could even throw up a RTT something like a flippac (sp?) so I could fit more of my family in there :D

Cards81fan

Osage Hilltopper
I am not too far from Pueblo, relatively speaking. This is damn temping after a couple drinks :D

I could sell my Dodge, buy this, and have money in my pocket. I could even live with the old camper; it looks pretty clean considering the age. Get some new tires in Pueblo and drive it 10 hours back home. Hmmm, worth considering...

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I am not too far from Pueblo, relatively speaking. This is damn temping after a couple drinks :D

I could sell my Dodge, buy this, and have money in my pocket. I could even live with the old camper; it looks pretty clean considering the age. Get some new tires in Pueblo and drive it 10 hours back home. Hmmm, worth considering...

Let me buy you a couple of more drinks....

bldeagle10

Explorer
^soooo....any Jeep :D
I couldn't find the price on this thing, maybe I didn't look hard enough but when I went to the ebay link it showed a list of willys jeeps for sale but none of them were this one..

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Pretty kool...I imagine it is a pretty crude driver however? Loud too no doubt? I love the old skool camper, looks to be in pretty good shape overall for the vintage. Neat stuff!

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I actually owned a FC170 and drove it around for a while. Of course that was when I was 20 so loud was cool, 20 years later not so much. They actually are pretty fun to wheel, sitting over the front wheel takes a little getting used too.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
I think Forward control Jeeps are pretty cool. I saw this one in Talketna Alaska.

DSC04958.jpg

Nigel Caffiene

Gentleman Scholar
I have always loved these FCJs. It would make an interesting overlanding platform. As Bldeagle10 has written, I would do a frame-off retro-restoration.

bldeagle10

Explorer
I could deal with it being as is, it really isn't bad, but hey, if I am dreaming about owning it, why not dream big and do a dream build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz