Jerry can holder/ mount options

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Sorry it took me so long to get these files uploaded.
The whole project including the Blitz can mount was under a hundred dollars.
One nice feature is that it's removable (no welding to the door).
The paint job got thrashed when it was bolted together because it was made in the eleventh hour before leaving on a trip.

Attachments

• P1011231Copying.JPG
    P1011231Copying.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 52
  • P1011228Copying.JPG
    P1011228Copying.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 50
  • P1011226Copying.JPG
    P1011226Copying.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 51
  • P1011227Copying.JPG
    P1011227Copying.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P1011225Copying_2.JPG
    P1011225Copying_2.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
Nice, I think I will go with a set up like you and off roader have. On a side note, I found a Disco at the local pick and pull that had a ladder on the back. Only thing is that they wouldn't sell me the ladder unless I bought the whole rear door. I was disappointed to say the least.

scrubber3

Not really here
Okay after careful consideration I believe I will be mounting up my can holder just above the license plate and to the left of the door lock. I found a blitz holder with a bottom for dirt cheap. Not the ones you guys have but it will do. For 15 bucks, I couldn't pass it up. I got some angled steel, nuts, bolts, and backing plate. should hold up really good. I did have the crazy idea of mounting it to the side, but I am not sure what the local law enforcement would say about that. I may actually do that still. Hmmm

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Great find on the mount.
I don't think there are any laws (at least in Cal.) regarding where you can carry fuel.

I had a '80 Toyota that I drove to Costa Rica in the early '90's with a blitz can mounted to the side behind the rear wheel.
It worked great with backing plate installed. Never had a problem the entire trip through the Central American Jungles and beaches.

VegasDesertRat

Receiver hitch home made rack

My friend and I made this to clear sharp inclines and gas stored outside.

At camp he removes it to open the door.

A rod hooks to spare to keep it tight and no rattles.

DSC_0002 (2).jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0001.jpg

scrubber3

Not really here
Got it on Ebay. Last one they had. I did see some more up there for 21 dollars and free shipping though. It may take some time to get pictures as I will take my time with this fabrication. I got to get it right the first time around you know. The hitch idea is good too but as you can see in my current pictures on my skinny tire thread, that won't work for me. Got a pintle hook/ ball set-up.

Side mount is very tempting, but I got though some narrow trails and would hate to have it ripped off. We will see...

RichardT

Adventurer
Got it on Ebay. Last one they had. I did see some more up there for 21 dollars and free shipping though. It may take some time to get pictures as I will take my time with this fabrication. I got to get it right the first time around you know. The hitch idea is good too but as you can see in my current pictures on my skinny tire thread, that won't work for me. Got a pintle hook/ ball set-up.

Side mount is very tempting, but I got though some narrow trails and would hate to have it ripped off. We will see...

I look forward to seeing the finished product :)

Optical

Have there been any updates on the finished product? Or is there anything else that was developed since the inception of this post? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles